Air conditioning clean- best location for cleaner to be left

Hi all.  Need to clean/disinfect air conditioning.  Where on floor is best place to set it off please?  I understand that AC needs to be on and in Recirc mode but unsure on which side of car the recirc intake is.  Many thanks !

5 hours ago, Chocaholic said:

Thanks both.  Still in preparation for next weekend.  In practice how easy is it to remove/replace glovebox?  Looks tricky releasing left side latch without popping off side panel near passenger door

Youtube has a few videos

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Chocaholic said:

Thanks both.  Still in preparation for next weekend.  In practice how easy is it to remove/replace glovebox?  Looks tricky releasing left side latch without popping off side panel near passenger door

It's easy enough to do. It's just reattaching the damper which is fiddly to do

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, paulski said:

Damper reinstallation can test the patience of a saint😆

So true. After the years I can put it back in few seconds most of the times, but now and there comes moment when I need to take a step back in order not to brake the car. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Yes, screwdriver and lamp/torch is mandatory. It's not a rocket science what needs to be done, it's practice to do it properly. :)For me the challenge is in making the damper arm stay in proper position while I am trying to fit the box on its hinges and all that. Depending on the the box, on some cars that damper simply does not want to stay up so you need to use duct tape or something sticky in order to have it in the right position while putting the box back in.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1