Superb SE L vs Sportline Plus

Morning guys! We've been given the opportunity to chop in our '21 plate SE L for a '23 Sporline Plus. Can someone tell me the difference between the two or share a link as to where I can find a direct comparison? Are the front seats basically the same apart from the material used to cover them? Will it basically drive the same, it just looks a lot sportier? Thanks as always! D

No links but sportline is more sporty then SEL

It’s lower, probably snazzier wheels, no leather seats as it’s alcantara, not much else is different between the specs

One thing I will say is be cautious of dealerships offering “a deal not to be missed” it’ll benefit them more than you! Unless you’ve been actively looking for a replacement do more homework, like is the tax higher as I’m sure it changed in the last few years, is insurance higher because it’s now a “sport” model

4 hours ago, Danoid said:

No links but sportline is more sporty then SEL

It’s lower, probably snazzier wheels, no leather seats as it’s alcantara, not much else is different between the specs

One thing I will say is be cautious of dealerships offering “a deal not to be missed” it’ll benefit them more than you! Unless you’ve been actively looking for a replacement do more homework, like is the tax higher as I’m sure it changed in the last few years, is insurance higher because it’s now a “sport” model

It is not lower, sportline is an aesthetic based trim level with no change directly to suspension, brakes or engine.

sportline doesn’t mean it’s a sport model, you can equally have it in a 2.0 150bhp tdi or a 280bhp 4x4 tsi. Its just the trim package.

onto differences you’ll have things like black trim, carbon interior trim, flat bottom wheel, 50/50 seats, electric tailgate normally, after that I’d guess it’s whatever optional extras have been spec’d

1 hour ago, ApertureS said:

It is not lower, sportline is an aesthetic based trim level with no change directly to suspension, brakes or engine.

sportline doesn’t mean it’s a sport model, you can equally have it in a 2.0 150bhp tdi or a 280bhp 4x4 tsi. Its just the trim package.

onto differences you’ll have things like black trim, carbon interior trim, flat bottom wheel, 50/50 seats, electric tailgate normally, after that I’d guess it’s whatever optional extras have been spec’d

Oh I always thought it was lower, I’ve seen some unbutchered ones and sit lower then my SEL with 19”s

also standard wheels on sel v sportline  is 18 v 19 inch , so 19 inch wheels plus 15mm lower  = firmer ride but better handling

sportline is more sporty for sure, i get lots of people complementing on how good the car looks, imo i dont think the sel would get the same attention

Sportline is just a trim.

in some markets the Sportline comes with the Image Pack, which includes Sports Springs, which is 10-15mm lower than standard.

in some markets Sportline trim is available on any variant, whilst in other markets, like here in Australia, it is only available on the 280 (206TSi) variant.

a Superb with DCC is lower (by 10mm) than a Sportline or non-Sportline with Standard springs.

• Like 1

One thing to note is the sportline seats are one piece with integrated headrest.

I guess the SE L has the removable headrest.

My kids were very disappointed that the tablet holders which connect to the headrest supports they saw in the L&K we tested are not available in the sportline.

Now they fight Over the single center console holder the entire journey... (facepalm)

I'm in the UK, my sportline has lower suspension for sure. Mine pre-dates the sportline/sportline plus models though, there was just the one model then.

The suspension is particular bouncy in my 2023 sportline.

It's great for normal driving but feels like a bouncy castle going over large speed bumps.

I've come from an Octavia vRS where I thought the suspension was really great for day to day driving & didn't expect the sportline to be so bouncy.

We have great roads over here in Switzerland though ;)