Collected my new VRs

Picked this beauty up just before Christmas, replacing my MkIII Meteor Grey VRs.

Really wanted a manual this time rather than the DSG, manuals are like rocking horses 💩

A new one became available out of the blue so I snapped it up!

Standard spec car, which is more than enough especially with the few additions over the outgoing model. This feels much better built, with a lift in material quality. However, I can't believe they removed the rear wiper, you can see nothing out of the back when it's raining!

I'm not convinced with the electronics, had a few infotainment issues, very minor so far and an intermittently working foot boot release. Regularly upon start up it will tell me somethings not working such as hill start or start/stop.

Would much prefer they kept the electronics simple so they have a better chance of working correctly!

20231221_095829.jpg

• Love it! 2

Good choice getting a manual, if I could change one thing about my VRS it would be the auto gearbox, it’s just not the same as actually changing gear yourself (the second thing I’d change would be the electronics also😄

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, TheUltraRunner said:

Congrats!

Rear wiper delete was an option when specing the car. At least here in Slovenia.

Thanks TheUltraRunner, it may look sleeker without but I'd rather have it. I've no idea if it's standard or not in the UK!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, vRS245MG said:

Thanks TheUltraRunner, it may look sleeker without but I'd rather have it. I've no idea if it's standard or not in the UK!

It’s not, but it’s a free option to have it fitted when buying from new. 

2 hours ago, TheUltraRunner said:

Yeah, it's a personal preference. 

I had a sedan for 13 years without a rear wiper and have never missed it. The rear window was pretty clean for most of the time.

I don't think the aero helps with the new design, water dosent budge😔👍

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, SC03OTT said:

It’s not, but it’s a free option to have it fitted when buying from new. 

Damn, thats typical! It was new but a stock car!

3 hours ago, dan245 said:

:) or try rain-x
i used to use it on my TT and it did a good job.

I tried it, made no difference. when the weather improves I'll be applying gtechniq to my windows, best product I've used over the years. Gives me around 12 months protection, don't need wipers when travelling over 40mph!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I picked up my new Octavia last week and only today when I was driving in the rain did I realise it didn't have a rear windscreen wiper! All my other Octiavias did, so it didn't even occur to me that I need to "opt in". If it's free, why don't they just make it standard? I've never had to worry about rain repllent, but I will now need to do some investigation on things like gtechniq.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Pibo said:

I picked up my new Octavia last week and only today when I was driving in the rain did I realise it didn't have a rear windscreen wiper! All my other Octiavias did, so it didn't even occur to me that I need to "opt in". If it's free, why don't they just make it standard? I've never had to worry about rain repllent, but I will now need to do some investigation on things like gtechniq.

TBQH the rear wiper is only effective in wiping, you might as well p**s into the wind than try and use the rear washer. It doesn't get anywhere up the rear windscreen.

12 minutes ago, TheWanderer said:

TBQH the rear wiper is only effective in wiping, you might as well p**s into the wind than try and use the rear washer. It doesn't get anywhere up the rear windscreen.

I disagree. The rear wiper washer on my previous Octavia was very effective in cleaning the rear windscreen. It certainly keep it clean when we were in France in the summer when it got all dusty. 

Yeah, good idea. It really was very useful. Not having a rear wiper will be something I miss, as it's not just about rain.

13 hours ago, TheWanderer said:

I might see if I can adjust the nozzle then because its jet only goes up about 3 inches if that. 

I had to re-align front and backs on my old one. Took bloody ages and got soaked in the process. You think you move the nozzle 0.5mm then it shoots over the back the car!:D