New 24 Scala Ordered today

Humphret

My first car before that was a Mk3 Black Ford Capri 1.6LS I wish I still had that one!

I also had a Mk5 Golf GTD in black, was probably my fave car of all the cars I have owned and I kept that one 10 years.

My first car was a Midnight Blue Hillman Imp California. It used to overheat all the time, however it was quirky and got me from A to B just.

Out of all the cars I have owned my Golf GTI MK 5 is my favourite drivers car. My Audi TT 225 roadster was a lot of fun, but the Golf takes the top spot. It always put a smile on my face, just handled so well . Unfortunately these days driving is certainly not enjoyable, too many opportunities for the cash strapped authorities to take advantage of us victimised motorists. Khan’s ULEZ has crippled so many elderly motorists who cannot afford a new car and now no longer drive. Hope he gets his comeuppance soon.

yes the days of the 4 speed manual gearbox and manual choke.

I agree with you there I dont like driving how I use to, the roads are far to busy now and always traffic jams and roadworks, it was never that bad in the 90's

I also dont really want to make the switch to electric cars when we have to.

Until new EV prices, infrastructure and insurance costs improve, I will not be making the move to electric. I’ll leave that to the virtue signalling, Cappuccino drinking Wind Farm lovers to get the shock of their lives when they have to replace the battery.

• Groan 1

^ My sentiments exactly. 

Not as  many electric cars up here in Northumberland, especially when your out in country, chargers are very few and far between, up here. They push the tourism here, but the people who come here with their EV's, and go to the tourist hotspots to find there are 1 or 2 chargers if your lucky. Most of the places in the National Park or coast haven't even got any! It will be a year or 3 before they even get them, Northumberland County Council would love to put them in, but when a whole villages power comes over 3 cables on telegraph poles from 10 or 20 miles from the nearest large substation, there is hardly enough power for the village, never mind car chargers.

• Like 1

Unfortunately these days Government policies are written by 12 year olds fresh from university who have zero lived experiences and no common sense. Then implemented by career politicians with a North London mentality……coming soon.

Unless someone gets a grIp soon and starts to govern with a brain and some long term strategy that actually motivates and rewards hard working people, rather than fleece and hit them with every stick available, this country is only going in one direction, the wrong one.

EV’s are not the answer to everyone’s mobility and are just a convenient distraction from real issues and concerns that have not been addressed by our elected elite.

The Toyota President hit the nail on the head when he said that there would never be more than about 35% of the worlds cars electric ever. As he pointed out in Africa and parts of Asia there isn't even electricity. Never mind the infrastructure to charge cars.

its pointless anyway what about motorsport and F1 they will always be using fuels and I cant imagine Lorrys and Ferrys being non diesel

Legin T, thanks for heads up about Skoda parts site in CZ I ordered the same front and rear rubber mats with red logo for winter use, good prices to.

The UK Government does not run the World or an Empire and can not even run the UK successfully.

But the percentage of vehicles each year to be Zero Emissions is happening with the EU and the UK and as much as anyone hums and ho,s that is it for a decade and a bit.

If some emissions / pollution is reduced then that might be something towards what the UK government signed up to.

There is some real nonsense spoken about BEV,s by those that are not wanting them or have not got them, and also by those with them.

If you are not interested in BEV,s and do not want ones you have plenty years to keep buying new ICE vehicles but the choice of them might reduce and more with be electrified as hybrid or PHEV running up til 2035. 

PS

There are countries now that are banning the import of the dirty ICE vehicles that other countries are getting rid of. 

3rd World Countries.

Actual ones with lots of sun or wind and the ability to generate electricity.  Likely countries rich in oil, gas or minerals that gets stolen for the likes of the car manufacturers and corporations in the energy business in the countries that want to reduce emissions. Supposedly.

Edited by Rooted

Agree, the UK Government and Civil Service has let us all down with poor planning and knee jerk reaction policies.

As a former Civil Servant with the FCO I have a reasonable understanding of how government works and just how ludicrous policymakers have become.

We are not planning far enough ahead. Transitioning to Net Zero is not going to happen by magic and needs selling to the population with a carrot and not a stick. 

We all want a cleaner planet, seas and rivers and renewables play a part in meeting our commitments and targets. Let’s just be realistic with time tables and costs. The planet cannot survive without CO2 and is not the enemy of all things green.

Glad you got a good deal. I was very impressed with their due diligence, the rear mud guards had a revised design due to the new bumper, not something the UK dealer was aware of. Certainly a good saving over UK prices.

• Like 1

I have had my build week confirmed as week 17, built by 28th April, so looks like delivery end of May.😀

Only another 7 weeks or so to wait. 🥱

Had a look at the Monte Carlo that was in the show room today as well, and the car looks really good. Had it with the glass roof, do not like that. But otherwise it looks even better in the flesh.

Great news, I hope i get mine confirmed then to as I think its meant to be the same build date as yours.

I dont mind the glass roof, but in all fairness I will probably leave the roof blind closed all the time anyway and when I was in showroom with it closed it looked pretty dark anyway.

Good news on the week 17 car builds. Mine should be following on week 18 fingers crossed.

The glass roof is pretty big in the Monte Carlo. The upside, it does let lots of light into the dark interior. I wonder how good the blind will be during a heatwave, guess we’ll find out. I am going to buy a new windscreen reflector to leave in the car during the summer. Going to miss my integrated rear door blinds in the Superb.

• 3 weeks later...
On 02/04/2024 at 16:25, Revan said:

yes the days of the 4 speed manual gearbox

Actually the 4 speed gearbox as fitted to rwd cars back in the day was pretty efficient in 4th gear. In a way you effectively weren't using gears to pass drive as the input shaft was connected to the output shaft directly 1 - 1. With older rwd Fords / Vauxhalls I rebuilt many an engine but never a gearbox. That changed as 5 speed boxes arrived eg Sierra. Saying that though cars back then were screamers at motorway speeds.

Back to the original thread has anyone had delivered/ driven the 24 model car yet?  I'm looking with interest but am waiting to see how the new evo2 engine performs. Theoretically it should be more economical etc.

Edited by bigjohn

Pulled this information for the Skoda Storyboard. 

looking forward to getting my car soon 1.5 TSI DSG. I know a few are being build this week and next, so shouldn’t be long before we can enjoy the newer more efficient engines.

The top-of-the-range 1.5 TSI engine benefits from improvements brought about by the new catalytic converter, which boasts improved efficiency and reaches its operating temperature more quickly. Moreover, it comes with upgraded software for the ACT+ active cylinder deactivation system. This makes the automatic deactivation and re-activation of two of the four cylinders based on power demands even smoother. The range of conditions under which the system is active has been extended as well, thanks to adjustments made to the intake and exhaust valve lift curve for the active cylinders (first and fourth cylinder).

Just like the 1.5 TSI, the two new 1.0 TSI three-cylinder engines in the Škoda Scala and Kamiq now come from the EA211 engine family’s evo2 generation. Advantages include variable control of the intake and exhaust valves, an injection pressure of up to 350 bar, the high‑compression Miller combustion cycle and variable-geometry turbochargers (VGT). New features are ten-hole injectors for an even more homogeneous air-fuel mixture, as well as a new three-way catalytic converter with particulate filter. As the temperature resistance of the turbocharger has at the same time been increased to 980 °C, the optimum air-fuel ignition ratio is now available over a wider range of engine speeds. At 85 kW (115 hp), the more powerful 1.0 TSI delivers 4 kW (6 hp) more than its predecessor and makes this available 500 rpm sooner, and across a wider rev range. The maximum torque of 200 Nm is also available for an additional 500 rpm at the upper end of the rev range.

Just had this, so see how long it sits at the docks now! cant seem to remove double paste.

image.png

image.png

Edited by Revan
pasted to much

That’s great news. I keep seeing Pearl Black Monte Carlo’s on Auto trader and they look awesome. I think you made a great colour choice.

Hopefully mine gets built next week and will be joining the queue at the docks with yours.

fingers crossed for a quick delivery.

• Like 1

On 10/03/2024 at 15:56, Revan said:

I have been given build week 17 to on my one,

I am happy with that as I have a holiday in Scotland in mid May and expect to be doing 1000 miles, so don't really want that straight away on new car.

I would say it would be beautifully 'run-in' with a long hot run.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, edbostan said:

I would say it would be beautifully 'run-in' with a long hot run.

lets hope it is here in 3 weeks then and the weather is good then!