Tpms on board infotainment has no “Ser” option to reset dash warning light

16 hours ago, Nexus21 said:

Yep that’s what I have - MIB2.It was upgraded along with other mods by the previous owner 

If its been there since you bought the car, I'd hazard a guess that the "upgrade" is the issue and that's why the previous owner got shut.

The unit may have come from a car fitted with a different TPMS system.

Edited by xman
  • Like 3

Xman might have a point - although I seem to recall that OP said in one posting that the TPMS reset had been seen at some point.

On both my Amundsen MIB2 and SWMBOs Bolero MIB2.5 (I think) - Ignition on; Press 'Car' button; Press the 'gear cog' symbol at bottom right of screen; A menu is displayed - Press 'tyres' (2nd option  down) Tyre Pressure Loss Indicator is displayed; Press 'Set' and follow the options displayed.

Brilliant advice both chaps thank you.

Ok so as I can’t work out how to do a Live record of each 4 abs sensors on vcds,I have also hooked up Delphi Autocom and it shows this….

Still cannot see how to do live on Tay either😩

I would just put in the mechanics in time to solve this issue for March 5th MOT but some lovely soul swiped the arse end of the parked up car 2 weeks ago and pootled off on their way,so I’ve ended having to buy x2 rear light clusters on eBay as the first was for a different car 🤬

I will have another look in CanGateway settings on vcds but I am thinking it is the ABS sensors system is the problem 

IMG_9094.jpeg

IMG_8965.jpeg

IMG_8972.jpeg

• Crying 1

Ref previous owner getting shot- Nope it worked fine for months.Ive tried the “ gear cogs Setting “ bottom right countless times and the reset is just not there anymore.

Anyway with vcds ti see what each ABS sensor is pumping out?? Measuring Blocks is greyed out on this version,it only has advanced MB and I cannot see the option for above.

was hoping I could have it “Live” and take for a spin so all 4 give a reading before getting the ramps out,it’s freezing and wet here in Ireland 🥶

• Sad 1

Just a random thought, does anything appear at all with tapping the bottom right gear symbol? The reason I ask is that early Boleros have resistive touch screens which are notorious at becoming non responsive over time. Is that specific area of the screen working in any of the other menus?

Yes that settings/gear icon does open up another menu( can’t remember what now but no reset TPMs😩

I did,however,work out how to use vcds and test the x4 tyre pressures and the x4 ABS sensors all gave a reading of approx 30mph,I was hoping 1 of the sensors would read at 0mph so now I don’t know where to go next 

Here’s a screenshot 

IMG_9095.jpeg

IMG_9097.jpeg

Read up I will disconnect battery next and beep horn a few times to remove any extra juice in the circuit,then if that fails,I will add a few extra psi in each of the 4 tyres then let all air out to near zero then up again to specified psi (35 all around) and hope that jigs the TPMs  system back into play 

13 minutes ago, Nexus21 said:

Read up I will disconnect battery next and beep horn a few times to remove any extra juice in the circuit,then if that fails,I will add a few extra psi in each of the 4 tyres then let all air out to near zero then up again to specified psi (35 all around) and hope that jigs the TPMs  system back into play 

Or Just pull fuse 37 go for a short drive and plug it back in again ;o)

26 minutes ago, Nexus21 said:

I dont think that will help, the system at some point saw or thought it saw a wheel rotation speed out of specified limits although all 4 wheels are now showing the same speed when you test, the same as if you had reinflated a partially deflated tyre, the system wants you to tell it to accept the current tyre rolling radii as correct but of course you have no means of doing so.

This might well be the one case where the old wives tale of disconnecting the battery etc might actually work, I hope for your sake that it does.

• Like 1

Thank you everyone for your help. 

I WILL write a reply once a working solution arises.(Does my head in when someone asks for help and then you never hear from them again !😂)

• Like 3

@Nexus21 have you downloaded and backed up your Admaps (or controller maps)  for your car using VCDS? these show all adaptions for each module and may shed some light on if the coding is right or wrong. 

If not let me know and I can guide on how to. 

1 hour ago, Nexus21 said:

Yes that settings/gear icon does open up another menu( can’t remember what now but no reset TPMs😩

I did,however,work out how to use vcds and test the x4 tyre pressures and the x4 ABS sensors all gave a reading of approx 30mph,I was hoping 1 of the sensors would read at 0mph so now I don’t know where to go next 

Here’s a screenshot 

IMG_9095.jpeg

IMG_9097.jpeg

Daft thing to say but does that second image seem to suggest the system is looking for a separate rest button as suggested earlier?  Surely there must be some long coding that tells it whether there is a separate physical or a software reset button... 

Does any of this help..  5118

Edited by skomaz

Thank you Paulski,I’ve not done that,didn’t know about it👍That sounds great,I’ll do that.I did see it today - the controller map function,within vcds,so I just save that? 

All I do have is the ABS long code and todays long code saved to the desktop to copy and paste for “ New Code” but they are both the same long code unfortunately- me thinking I was being a detective 😩

@Nexus21

First step,

Run a full "auto scan"  and save this. 

Go to applications Controller Maps. You have to do each one,  one at a time. Can take a while for some, so ensure battery is in good state of charge. 

Now from your auto scan, it will list each module number e.g 01 is engine, 03 ABS etc

In the controller map "address"  input the module number you want 03 will be ABS and 5F should be infotainment) suggest you also do 09 (central electrics) and 19 (CAN Gateway). 

Makes sure Adaptations and CSV are "selected". 

Hit "Go" they are stored in VCDS "LOGS" logs folder on your computer. 

Assuming you have excel they can be opened in that as CSV. 

50 minutes ago, Nexus21 said:

Yes Skomaz,I did also think that today when I saw it on the screen….

For some reason the links I posted have not worked...   They are links ro the Ross Tech website if you cut and paste them... 

Thanks Skomaz,no links tho Sir… 

righto Paulski,I’m gonna pull the terminals off the battery in the morning anyway so will give it a few hours charge then follow your instructions there.

Fantastic help everyone thanks I’ll post results/be back tomorrow 👍

15 hours ago, Nexus21 said:

Here’s a screenshot 

IMG_9095.jpeg

IMG_9097.jpeg

@Nexus21 when you open the menu by pressing the gear symbol at the bottom right of the screen, what options are listed - is an option for 'tyres' displayed?

Hi yes and Thank you,yes “Tyres” does show up,I touch screen  that and only further option is “ winter Tyres” and I could choose to have a 60mph speed limit option for “ winter Tyres” that’s it,nothing else,no other options 

14 hours ago, Nexus21 said:

Thanks Skomaz,no links tho Sir… 

Try this - for some reason the site seems to be trying to embed the links instead of just leaving them as-is...

TPMS activation, reset, and disable coding with VCDS - mk6 VW | Ross-Tech Forums

Just charged up my varta n70 with less than 3 months on it to 13v.

No joy from the infotainment as yet ….

Amazon digital tyre gauge just now arrived so I’m gonna get them all exact as the petrol flap for my 18’s then I’ll go onto your suggestions guys,ref the software 👍👍

1 minute ago, Nexus21 said:

F*+++ ing digital tyre gauge supplied LR44 batteries lasted about 4 minutes to get exact pressure 1st 🤬🤬🤬

Much better, I think, to just get a reliable dial type analogue gauge. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 26/02/2024 at 20:37, Nexus21 said:

As someone said earlier,I do now believe it is down to a faulty ABS sensor ( 1 of the 4) but which one is anyone’s guess,don’t see how to this is achieved if no info on the infotainment screen 

I think the system probably just needs resetting. This happens occasionally as the tyres naturally deflate and definitely needs doing after pumping them up. You'd only assume there are further faults if the error keeps coming up after resetting it, which unfortunately you can't do because of your modified infotainment system.