Passenger door mirror dip

OK, I have a genuine question now 🤣😂🤣
How the feck do you get the passenger door mirror to go down when reversing?
I've followed the instructions in the book.
It's set in infotainment.
Mirror position saved in seat setting. (though does seem daft as if my Mrs drives the car and uses memory 2,and I get in and press memory 1 the mirror will go to the down position)
Mirror control in R
Put it in reverse - nothing happens?

Can anyone with experience help me out? 

Sounds like you inadvertently just changed the mirrors normal position for your memory setting.

Did you:

"With ignition on Put the car in reverse, set the mirror control knob to L and move the knob to dip the mirror how you want it. Put it into D then turn the mirror control to 0 and the mirror should return to its normal position. If you now store the seat position it’ll also store the dipped mirror position.

Now if you leave the mirror knob in L it will dip when you put it into reverse, and return to normal once you start moving forward at more than about 10mph or a hundred metres or so.
If you want it to go up to normal position whilst reversing, simply turn the knob to 0. Similarly if you don't want it to dip, leave it in 0 rather than L.

I don't think the manual is particularly clear about how it's supposed to work."

(Quote from another forum answering your question.)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stonekeeper said:

The confusion is the "R" on the mirror dial is for "right" not "reverse" and the handbook is for people who drive LHD cars.

Fantastic, thankyou @Stonekeeper, that works perfectly. I don't suppose you know if you can change the background lighting so it's different for each driving mode? 

Does the mirror dip only work if you have electric seats or can it be set with the normal seats in a vRS?

Or can it be added via OBDEleven whether you have electric or manual seats?

No, it needs the electric memory seats, cos that's how it remembers where to dip the mirror to. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, mczakk said:

No, it needs the electric memory seats, cos that's how it remembers where to dip the mirror to. 

Cheers. I thought it did but just wanted to double check. 👍🏼

We’ve a Sportline Karoq that has the manual seat adjustment and I really miss the dipping mirrors that I had on our previous Freelander 

22 hours ago, mczakk said:

Mirror control in R

That's for LHD cars, as you're in Wales you have a RHD car so it should be Mirror control in L

Edited by PetrolDave

2 hours ago, PetrolDave said:

That's for LHD cars, as you're in Wales you have a RHD car so it should be Mirror control in L

I was quoting what the manual said. The instructions from @Stonekeeperworked perfectly 😁

• Thanks 1