Fabia SEL 2024, android auto won't connect my Google Pixel 6a

I have had four Skoda before and all have connected to my telephone straight away, no cable required.

This new Fabia won't even connect with a usb cable, I have tried both usb ports. The 6a is v.14 latest version.

I think it is working, don't know what I did exactly, just retraced my steps (possibly with a little care)

I phoned the Lioness from the car and her dulcet tones came in loud and clear. 

We have experienced similar issues.  I have an Poco 3 phone and the wife an iPhone.  It took me forever to get my phone working through the infotainment system.  Our Monte Carlo hasn't got built in sat nav and in any case I prefer to use a Garmin DriveSmart 65.  Nightmare again with firstly no easy way to attach the device to the car and then trying to get Alexa working.  The wife needed to master the sat nav today and I tried to link her iPhone to the car but it won't cooperate.  The Fabia wasn't designed to be easy-peasy when it comes to the electronics.  If it was they messed up big time.  She will be using the phone only when parked.  On other cars you relax and fiddle with settings when stationary - engine off and ignition on.  The Fabia doesn't have an ignition switch.