struggling with 2014 standard sat nav system

tenere

Hi guys,

we have a 2014 reg skoda yeti  i want to update the satnav, stange can,t find anything about sd cards etc, now at the moment our sat nav works fine round the uk but outdated, found the sd card slot its right in front of me on the head unit left hand side, BUT the slot is empty no sd card, so i thought the satnav would not work without a sd card but it is, its a 2014 yeti the newer shape after the 2013

any help would be great

rob

Hello, welcome to the forum. Can you confirm your infotainment system, is it Amundsen MIB1?

Are you sure that your sat nav is working without the SD card? Are you able to actually able to use it to navigate to a particular point - or is it simply displaying a general area map of the vehicles current position?

3 minutes ago, Warrior193 said:

Hello, welcome to the forum. Can you confirm your infotainment system, is it Amundsen MIB1?

Are you sure that your sat nav is working without the SD card? Are you able to actually able to use it to navigate to a particular point - or is it simply displaying a general area map of the vehicles current position?

yes,

we have been using it for 3 years to navagate from S Wales  TO  hotels in york and scotland etc etc, so it works finw but outdated,  its th standard unit that came with a sd card slot on the left side of the unit,  i know if there was a sd card in it you would see the edge sticking out to push to click it and eject, but all thats visible is the brushes either side

6 minutes ago, Frenchtone said:

Could be an amundsen+  is there a cd slot?

it has a sd card slot on the left side of the head unit its a standard unit that came with a 2014 yeti the newer shape one

I'm not sure how that can work, my MIB2 Amundsen screen displays the message 'Map Data Unavailable' when the map SD card is removed.

2 minutes ago, Warrior193 said:

I'm not sure how that can work, my MIB2 Amundsen screen displays the message 'Map Data Unavailable' when the map SD card is removed.

am i right in saying if you looked at the sd card slot on the left, if there was a card in it you would see it sticking out, and you would have to push it slighty to eject it, if thats correct theres no sd card, and yes the sat nave is working, also i thought is the a cd in the top part of the unit with nav on but with engine running if you press the small triangle to the right of the cd slot i assume thats the eject button its empty nothing coming out

rob

4 minutes ago, tenere said:

am i right in saying if you looked at the sd card slot on the left, if there was a card in it you would see it sticking out, and you would have to push it slighty to eject it, if thats correct theres no sd card, and yes the sat nave is working, also i thought is the a cd in the top part of the unit with nav on but with engine running if you press the small triangle to the right of the cd slot i assume thats the eject button its empty nothing coming out

rob

its the same unit as this below

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/185167979740?itmmeta=01HT02VE4VS40QEFPEEFHYM6XE&hash=item2b1cdf24dc:g:nmYAAOSw8klhk8M2&itmprp=enc%3AAQAJAAAA4HAg8hpOjrqnZ6mUE%2BChAHZmMC5r4epRuNT9tsdVTuVYAWuJG3rCNdfrRv%2B4I7QQllVCOTcfMcMoPFOLF0HhjmPObQOTy8%2FMQGEnlUH2F3FQQrSZzvTk4ONGl47gBPBz%2Bbww%2Fr%2F34JVhhOfl8gLGtuqaeNxbYPWWPKzU6qqY5rMeeb3a89L6k4YNU4ApFcPKEeU9qSzIR9Pih%2BrO42wMeMeW%2Byrj15mFGpfN%2FfoZNy3aD3WK26MCD873GyUNxCN9GnbqE3joRFwtLFDDtd4uFVHj%2FhV1cMftg%2BMVWkXSaTMj|tkp%3ABk9SR8Li7YLQYw

Hello Rob, does you unit have a single slot for a SD slot and one for a CD ? If the SD card is in place, it should protrude very slightly from the slot. 

3 minutes ago, Warrior193 said:

Hello Rob, does you unit have a single slot for a SD slot and one for a CD ? If the SD card is in place, it should protrude very slightly from the slot. 

yes,

it has a sd card slot on the left side of the unit and at the top a cd slot for a music sd,  it has 3 buttons on the left  RADIO/MEDIA/PHONE and on the right  NAV/TMC/SETUP

the sd card slot can,t have a sd card in it as if you run your finger nail tight in the slot you can just see that black brush effects both sides  but yes at the moment the satnav has worked since be bought the car 3-4 yrs ago  i just wanted to update it as some times when your out and your on a new road lay out you can see the map on the screen is off running in a feild type thing till it picks the route back up

rob

Sounds like an RNS-315 aka Amundsen+.

The maps are copied from an SD card to the units inbuilt storage at which point the SD card is wiped and useless.

It's no longer getting updates, the latest is 2020/21 which is V12 if I remember correctly. A dealer will charge loads but there should be a selection on eBay etc...

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, langers2k said:

Sounds like an RNS-315 aka Amundsen+.

The maps are copied from an SD card to the units inbuilt storage at which point the SD card is wiped and useless.

It's no longer getting updates, the latest is 2020/21 which is V12 if I remember correctly. A dealer will charge loads but there should be a selection on eBay etc...

ok,

that makes sence if theres no sd card its been loaded onto the head unit storage that explains how it is working then without a sd card can i ask please for any links on ebay to what i need please

rob

Only one on ebay i can find that says AMUNDSEN+ RNS-315  sd card is £23  20/21   but latvia  will this be ok     or can i buy a AMUNDSEN MIB1 as well

SKODA AMUNDSEN + plus NAVI SD CARD V12 2020 WEST EUROPE NEUSTE SD KARTE MAP

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/185167979740?_trkparms=amclksrc%3DITM%26aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20211130125621%26meid%3Dc14e9710b24e45809381292343230cfc%26pid%3D101465%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D4%26sd%3D185167979740%26itm%3D185167979740%26pmt%3D0%26noa%3D1%26pg%3D3650466&_trksid=p3650466.c101465.m3507

rob

I suspect the SD card slot is for media only and you need the maps on CD to upgrade.

2 minutes ago, Urrell said:

I suspect the SD card slot is for media only and you need the maps on CD to upgrade.

do you know how i can find that out then the sd card slot is for media only not satnav

rob

according to the instruction manual for a AMUNDSEN+ the sd card slot is for media and sat nav   and it says in that manual that the AMUNDSEN+ comes with sat nav maps pre loaded that expains why i had no sd card

rob

• Like 1

The later Amundsen 2 post October 2014 has to have the map SD card in all the time as it does not store the map internally.

• Like 1

I accept that observation, however, we have been talking about an Amundsen + , a model earlier than the 1 &2's

We've just sold our 2015 Yeti with the same sat nav and the 2020 sd card was indeed the latest update. Part of the reason why we bought a newer Yeti with SmartLink as Google maps are always being updated.

can i ask you guys in the know,  i have ordered the 2020 sd card from latvia ebay, i have as we now know a amundsen+  unit in my 2014 yeti  when the sd card comes can i just push it in the slot on the unit, and leave it in and thats it or is there more involved, i read somewhere it takes 90 minutes , do you put it in the slot and the head unit directs you on what to do,  also i red that once the sd card is in the old maps are lost, on the head unit so if the sd card doesn,t work the sat nave is gone to with the old maps lost,

can anybody talk me through what needs doing

cheers

rob

I have this unit, the latest maps I've been able to find are 2020. 

I bought the maps on an SD card, it loaded onto the internal HDD and was removed - I have 64gb of music in the sd slot.