Correct usage of DSG shift stick

If you have auto hold enabled and apply the parking brake when stopped but still in D, the lights should go out.  Then you just have to press the go pedal and it pulls away.  Basically it's a button to turn the brake lights off which I use most days.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Dooge said:

I was always told apply brake, switch gearshifter to neutral (to take any load off the gearbox), handbrake on, foot off the brake, gearshifter straight to P. Probably a bit overkill as if you have your foot on the brake it won't be moving anyway.

I also switch to neutral at lights or any reasonable amount of time stopped for example, again probably overkill but as I do alot of short journeys I'm trying to get as much life out of the clutch packs as possible.

That's exactly what I do if parking on a slope as the handbrake is taking the weight of the car and not the pawl. If on the flat I just use park and don't bother with the handbrake.

In traffic I leave it in drive and let the S/S do its thing.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ords said:

That's exactly what I do if parking on a slope as the handbrake is taking the weight of the car and not the pawl. If on the flat I just use park and don't bother with the handbrake.

In traffic I leave it in drive and let the S/S do its thing.

Until @aubrey pointed it out I didn't know the clutches work in reverse, everyday is a school day!

• Like 1