Buying a new Enyaq

I have just been told by my Skoda deaaler that if I buy a new Enyaq, I will be buying it direct from Skoda. There appears to be no room for negotiation now. Quotes from dealers are all at RRP.

When Mercedes and  Honda tried this in Australia  their sales dropped by 15%.  Maybe this would force price reductions time will tell.

Posted (edited)

Thank you. These are presumably cars bought by dealers before Skoda changed the game.

Edited by Odin1123
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Odin1123 said:

Thank you. These are presumably cars bought by dealers before Skoda changed the game.

Probably and most likely

To get the best deal on a factory order you would have to contact different dealers and try haggling one against the other.

Yes, this is the new sales model. Buy direct so that all the profit goes to the manufacturer. Dealers get paid a pittance and buyers get nothing on the deal.

1 hour ago, Odin1123 said:

Dealers get paid a pittance

... and can't afford to do the PDI properly in some cases.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

…and pick up the tab for demo time in models that are not what you’re ordering.

like an enyaq 60loft when ordering a enyaq vrs. Erm… 

i still feel the end model will be super centres run by manufacturers. Where each model and most specs are available. 

you then order, online at home probably, a local service centre picks up the rest of the journey, pdi, delivery etc. Servicing then ends up locally, but sales and the forecourts disappear.

i would and have driven a good few hours to a dealer that has the spec I want to see/try. Slightly guilty I’m not ordering from them. But willing to go and see. Maybe in reality that’s an hour max for most folk.

tesla sort of doing it. Not that that is any great endorsement.

If you order from the manufacturer you will pay RRP. The only way you will get a discount is if people stop ordering and they are stuck with unsaleable stock. It did happen in Australia with Mercedes.

Of course then your contract is with VW so contract law will apply. End customers can go after VW not the dealer.

RRP = Go elsewhere for cheaper and often better cars.

If they try this on EVs, they’re going to get slaughtered by the Chinese manufacturers.

Edited by cheezemonkhai
  • Like 1

VAG Skoda registered in Luxembourg so will it be EU law?  They have a lot more money than an individual so the chance of winning a case is low.

As for Evs the Chinese are not there yet but the recent 27% boost in output on Sodium Ion batteries should help. To counter that, adding Silicon to to Lithium ION batteries is also going to give them a boost.  Might not see this for year or so until it is integrated into mass production.

On 17/04/2024 at 08:43, Odin1123 said:

VAG Skoda registered in Luxembourg so will it be EU law?  They have a lot more money than an individual so the chance of winning a case is low.

As for Evs the Chinese are not there yet but the recent 27% boost in output on Sodium Ion batteries should help. To counter that, adding Silicon to to Lithium ION batteries is also going to give them a boost.  Might not see this for year or so until it is integrated into mass production.

No point of sale is in the UK, so UK laws will apply. Including distance selling and other uk laws.

There is no such thing as EU law, a requirement is agreed, the each member state sets its own interpretation of the requirement.  If it’s the law of Lux it would need to state it in the contract and it still couldn’t apply in certain areas as you can’t bypass consumer protections.

Many dealers are going to brands from Korea and China who don’t do this agency thing, so I would suggest these brands are writing their own death warrants.

On 15/04/2024 at 11:13, Odin1123 said:

If you order from the manufacturer you will pay RRP. The only way you will get a discount is if people stop ordering and they are stuck with unsaleable stock. It did happen in Australia with Mercedes.

Surely it will work both ways, if the Manufacturer want rid of over production they can discount without affecting the Dealers money.

Who gave the discount on those Vauxhalls that were discounted by £10,000 last year, when the new Corsa came out?

Edited by Stonekeeper

Any Manufacturers with BEV,s selling in the UK might have to slash the prices of them at different periods of time or Loan / lease them out cheap to have enough First Registrations in the year for the percentage of Zero Emission vehicles required, and also for the Average UK Fleet Emissions.

It might be their Partners that they use that dump vehicles cheaper rather than their own brand, like where they have not enough of their own BEV,s to supply.