Posted (edited)

So problem started a wire on regulator snapped. Needed new regulator as going on holiday and need car (Scout TSI 2011) none in UK apparently and on back order with Skoda. Managed to source one from Senco Comfort systems and bodyshop fitted then issues started needed to reset one touch, expected but when door locked and unlock couldn't open door!! this has resolved itself to pull external handle twice the its fine!!. As airbag sensor was dosconnected during the work airbag light on but now reset. THe irritation is the twice pull of external handle to open door after unlocking but after that only needs one pull until lock/unlock again. It is a mystery which I want to resolve but going on holiday so will think while away unless anyone has an idea -- please. (meanwhile battery on my sports car died when I went to use it while scout away!!) 

Edited by Robskytoon
TSI not FSI

Posted (edited)

The double pull is a safety measure on the INSIDE handle and is only active when the engine is running. Does your door open on one pull of the inside handle with the engine off?

If not it suggests that your fitter may need to use VCDS or similar software to set it up correctly.

Perhaps similar for the outside handle but I have never heard of that before.

Edited by pikpilot