Anyone else stereotype drivers according to make and model?

I think it was something along the lines of BMW drivers being arrogant ******* , a stereotype you are doing a fine job of confirming

Firstly, how can I be a ****** when I am female?:confused:

Secondly, I think you are confusing being

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5-series (E39 and E60?) is a world apart from anything else I've ever driven in terms of ride, build quality, performance and handling. I certainly wouldn't be buying a 12k lukewarm diesel-powered hatch if I could afford to buy a brand new M5/M6!!!!!!!! :rofl:

Chris

I quite fancy a BMW and after driving both of Tinkerbell's, I intend to get one ;):D

I look forward to being stereotyped, however I look forward to driving in style more :thumbup:

I certainly wouldn't be buying a 12k lukewarm diesel-powered hatch if I could afford to buy a brand new M5/M6!!!!!!!! :rofl:

Chris

:hilarius: very true....

No car really is "worth" the money. An Octy diesel at 24K? :eek:

Why buy a Fabia at 12k+ when you could have a Kia at 6k? Because the 12k is worth" it for you. Maybe having a V10 Coupe that can shred tyres in the blink of an eye is worth it for someone else......

Tinks, that 6 series looks pretty damn smart.:thumbup:

However I am not a BMW fan, probably due more to my time as a Mercedes-Benz employee.

I don't know if you find the same, but at MB there were 2 types of customer;

1. Those that could afford it and were generally nice people to deal with

and

2. Those that were financing themselves up to the 'nads and couldn't really afford it.

They bought A and C class and wanted everybody to know "I drive a Mercedes

don't you know!". Most of these became the to$$ers!

Driving around central manchester I try and avoid the older than 5-6 years small japanese hatchbacks because from experience their driving is 'erratic'

Anything with a Eastern European plate (there's lots about here) is also best avoided.

Commuting on the M62 recently rather than the M56 and the M62 has a much lower BMW count so no bad 318 experiences over the past few months. :thumbup: to courteous BM drivers. (there's a previous thread somewhere...) Instead, another vote for dodgy Mk4 Golf drivers - not all of them, its just there's so many 'prestige' golfs about that the GTIs driven like the driver's got 2 hats frequently offend.

Driving around central manchester I try and avoid the older than 5-6 years small japanese hatchbacks because from experience their driving is 'erratic'

:rofl: J-reg Honda Civic 1.4s with baked bean cans for exhaust pipes...fortunately the loud thumping noises from the sound system usually give you plenty of advanced warning that the driver has learnt all they need to know about driving from "The Fast and the Furious".

Rob.

Now then i have spent many an hour driving

1 the previous 320 d

2 mondeo tdci

both as rapid response cars, no w i have no idea about any other bmw just the above and we got rid of them as the driving position was to offset causing terrible backache after a 12hr shift( i was very suprised with bmw here),driving it though very good loved the rwd layout.

mondeo worst car i have ever driven,ride atrocious,build quality substandard,engine lasted 6 months(okay driven hard) id never spend my money on one.

we now have a volvo v50 diesel(based on focus platform)....really nice drive, driving position/seat the best for your back no probs being in it for 12 hrs.

like i say honest review from experience even though strictly limited,btw drivers more aggressive to us in bmw untill saw it was a rapid response car,but out the 3 best drive just shame u couldnt walk after/or move ur back lol

oh better add fab vRS an excellent car that does what it says on the tin.

DrZoidberg - you raise another interesting aspect to my hasty late night debate. A second hand 'prestige' (a misnomer nowadays) car or a new Octy??

Ah , people driving 8 year old Mercs , BMWs and Audis that think they are better than you because they have a posh badge.,...

2. Those that were financing themselves up to the 'nads and couldn't really afford it.

They bought A and C class and wanted everybody to know "I drive a Mercedes

don't you know!". Most of these became the to$$ers!

Yup , the worst offenders for driving like a **** seem to be low end 1 or 3 series owners.

It's quite rare to be cut up by a 740iL

Tinkerbell, that was classic

absolute classic :rofl:

after being so very vocal, Chris_newell41 seems to be erm...conspicuousby his absence...

what sort sort of tardo would buy a Fabia vRS if they could indeed "afford any new BMW" they liked :confused:

Everyone makes judgements about other people based on their own prejudices or insecurities.

We do it with the cars people drive, the houses people live in, the clothes people wear. Snobbery (both real an inverse) rules our lives and is a massive part of british culture.

We are encouraged to get on in life and look down on people who don't strive for success yet we root for the underdog. It's been mentioned above "Why buy a Skoda when you can afford a BMW?" But the badge dunt make the car. The badge does make the person though apparently.

I have had chance to compare a Z4 against my Octy and the Octy was IMO the better car. But that was only My Opinion.

A car is usually the second most expensive item to purchase after a house (not including a divorce) and people are spending ridiculous amounts of money on toally unsuitable cars just for the image. (hence being financed "up to the nads"). We live in a society which adores excess and premium motors now outnumber the common or garden variety whilst not necesarily making the most sence.

Buying a car is so fiercely influenced by peer pressure it's unreal. I am still wavering between standing my ground and not conforming to the norm of buying a big flash motor to impress friends and colleagues (*but not me), or keeping the Octy which is old and reliable and a car which I have yet to find a practical decent replacement for, and saves me wads of cash.

I feel like I have to buy an expensive German car, but I don't really want one.

I feel like I have to buy an expensive German car' date=' but I don't really want one.[/quote']

So don't buy one then:rofl:

Who gives a nuts what anybody else thinks, and with the exception of the new MINI Skodas hold their value pretty much as good as anything else, considering there an 'undesirable brand':P

BMW drivers - cocks :)

.--------------------------------------------------------------------.

| Session Start: 19 June 2006 |

| Participants: |

| Caroline ([email protected]) |

| . ([email protected]) |

.--------------------------------------------------------------------.

[13:17:45] [email protected] just sent you a Nudge!

[13:17:45] .: :)

[13:18:57] .: when you are around...

[13:18:57] .:

http://www.derekwoodmanbmw.co.uk/usedbmw/view_model.html?do

lnDealerID=12217&currentCh=WBABV92070PP80840

[13:19:03] .: i want that one lol

[13:19:07] .: 2 skodas to px

Hypocrite :rolleyes:

I drive a low end bmw (a 318), so of course that makes me an arrogant to$$er :rolleyes:

Did I buy it for the badge, hell yes.

Did I buy it because it made more financial sense than a new Octavia, hell yes.

Did I buy it because I had a life-threatening disease and wanted to know what a beemer was like in case the worst happened, hell yes.

Is it a better car than the new RS, not really.

Does it matter, no.

So thanks Shifty for calling me a ****, its really reinforced my opinion of you