How to activate de ON/OFF center switch on the CLIMATRONIC

Well, before you disasemble the Climatronic PC Board, I think that you can remove the button tab and with a volmeter check is there is voltage to turn on a LED
Good point, as you may need to an currently limiting resistor on to PCB also.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Are you saying that you just replaced the blanking plate with an "OFF" switch and it works ?

I'm a bit lost here myself :o, sorry if I've missed something (probably make more sense if I took tab off). Is there a mod to the blank that now enables it to work or is there something on the PCB that needs removing to get it to work with original blank plate ????

Let me get this straight, there is NO LED even if you get the correct off button. I assume that turning the fan dial or pressing one of the other buttons will re-enable the fan.

Nope, pop the top blank climatronic button out, turn it over so it's upside down and trim off the little tab that only 2 or 3 mm wide so it is flush with the rest of the switch.

Push the button back in and off you go.

The only thing stopping it working is the aforementioned tab.

Press the switch once and the Climatronic goes straight off.

Press it again and it ramps the fan back up to where it was along with all other settings.

There is no LED on the PCB but it works OK.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turbo_Boss viewpost.gif

Well, before you disasemble the Climatronic PC Board, I think that you can remove the button tab and with a volmeter check is there is voltage to turn on a LED

Good point, as you may need to an currently limiting resistor on to PCB also.

I am not sure if the resistor is already there, but if there is no resistor, maybe when you use a volmeter it will not show any voltage there because the missing resistor will do as a open trace on the PCB:( But adding the resistor + Led is very easy. The PITA is removing all the climatronics things to get to the PCB.

So, who has a volmeter to check this? :D

BTW, I am VERY HAPPY that my initially post about this mod have make many members here very happy too:thumbup:

Isaac

That's a nice little mod you have introduced to the world of Briskoda Isaac,

good job. :thumbup:

you've managed to get people all over the UK pulling buttons out of their climatronic units to attack them with a knife :rofl:

Nope, pop the top blank climatronic button out, turn it over so it's upside down and trim off the little tab that only 2 or 3 mm wide so it is flush with the rest of the switch.

Has everyone else also done the bottom blank for changing back to dual zone temp change ?

Heres a pic to show exactly what is to be chopped off!

The red is the rough location of the tab to be removed.

The bottom button doesn't do anything, it might need some VAG-COM attention to wake it up.

As you can see, I removed the tab with surgical precision! :rofl:

I have been surfing the Spain Skoda Forum, but none of them have try to make the lower button to work with a VAG Com. So its look like somebody here will have to play with that in order to make it work.

I found these GTi and Jetta files that show the climatronics buttons and explain how they work.

http://www.vw.com/vwcom/content/objects/pdf/service_maint/gti_lightsvision.pdf

http://www.vw.com/vwcom/content/objects/pdf/service_maint/jetta_pocketguide.pdf

Isaac

Would have been nice to have pic's before and after ??

I can see myself trimming too much off and it neither fits back in - nor works :thumbdwn:

When you remove the blank, its quiet obvious. In the photo above, imagine a small tab, its about 1.5mm long sticking out where the red marking is. Just cut the tab off, untill its flush with the wider part shown above.

Sorry guys, must have been the link i followed from the email i had... it went straight to page 4, and because I had not visited the thread quick enough other people had also replied

sorry - "obviously a limitation with the forum" - cant be my fault

The grille in the interior light has nothing but a little foam pad behind it.

Where exactly does the climatronic sense the cabin temperatures? the I.R. sensor on the demister griller is obvious.

And can someone give us the definitive purpose of the little black button just below the now legendary "OFF" button?

Bl00dy hell Steve, you've modified your car!!

That's the warranty gone then!!

And to think that's all it took to invalidate my warranty :rolleyes:

Btw, can anyone give a definative answer as to what (if anything) the switch underneath the 'Off' button does?.