UK-CZ Trip 2007 Feeler

Makefish

Ok, so this may be a little early to start thinking about another trip to Czech but it has been quite apparant that there is interest from other members wishing to go.

I have posted up our interest in going again on the Czech forum to find out when and where national events are going to be so that we can coordinate this event like last time and of course an excursion to that wonderful airfield would also be part of our trip. We can also organise a trip to the Skoda museum again for those that wish to go.

I am hoping that there may be something going on in the Spring but if not I would envisage perhaps early Autumn again. This time I am proposing a 5 or a 6 day trip, probably starting on a Wednesday and returning on a Monday/Tuesday.

This thread is intended as a feeler for those that are interested in going next year and somewhere you can check back to to find out the latest information.

Please feel free to add any comments/suggestions here.

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure why I posted here. :confused: ;)

I vote for Autumn please. :) Spring is a little too soon, and we really must time it for the National Meet again. :D

I would skip the museum this time, but would like the factory tour again. Would also like one MAHOOSIVE lash-up in Prague. I think getting the same apartments would be good as well as long as everyone realises it costs £10 a night and a little walk, to have secure parking. Oh, and you get the keys posted out to you in advance. ;) "YOU CAN F*** OFF!" :rofl: Still makes me smile now. :)

I definitely vote for a longer trip as well. I think we really need 4 days there. Means 4 days of visits to the airfield. :rofl:

I vote for Autumn please. :) Spring is a little too soon, and we really must time it for the National Meet again.

There are two National meets a year, one in the Spring and again in the Autumn which is why there may be a possibility of going earlier next year and it might still be snowing :D (Airfield + Snow = Carnage :P )

I think getting the same apartments would be good as well as long as everyone realises it costs £10 a night and a little walk, to have secure parking.

Definately NOT going back to the same apartment complex this time but going to try and find somewhere, perhaps a little further out of the centre (but not too far) so we can ALL have secure parking closer to our accomodation.

Definately NOT going back to the same apartment complex this time but going to try and find somewhere, perhaps a little further out of the centre (but not too far) so we can ALL have secure parking closer to our accomodation.

Good shout, and I have a feeling this will prove a more popular trip too:thumbup:

I'd be tempted but as you know Steve I am very restricted with dates.

I thought the apartments were ideal to be honest, I know we had some issues but I'm sure they would be overcome this time and perhaps the parking could be sorted too.

Was gonna say I'll come if shifty will let me go with him again, but if it's a car full then serious second thoughts. I can't cope with long stints in the back, or indeed 12 hours in a confined space with that many people

If its later on in the year i will definately be coming.

We will need to decide between us when the trip to the Nurburgring is going to take place or will we join them together for a full 7-9 days away.

CZ first then Ring on way home or vice versa.

What do people think?

I know it won't be for everyone due to getting time off work/passes from partners to go away.

So please post your thoughts everyone or PM myself or Makefish.

Was gonna say I'll come if shifty will let me go with him again, but if it's a car full then serious second thoughts. I can't cope with long stints in the back, or indeed 12 hours in a confined space with that many people

Can't speak for Tom but I dont bite or smell particularly bad loz honest:O

Can't speak for Tom but I dont bite or smell particularly bad loz honest:O

have I ever even met you? I don't remember ever having done...

I'm not suggesting you do bite or smell lol. It's just a long time to be cooped up in a car and if people start pestering me I'll get annoyed lol. I'm not a big talker, I like to just sit and chill/sing along.

Also I get travel sick if I cant see where I'm going, so when I'm in the back I like to sit in the middle...and I can't see the other back seat occupant being too pleased about that! :rofl:

Will make arrangements once dates etc are set....sooner the better really else I wont even be able to get the time off!

One thing I remember saying on the last trip when seeing 3 in one car was 'I don't think I could cope with more than 2 in a car all this way!' and at the time I seem to remember Dave agreeing! lol