2007/2008/(2009 lol)/2010/2011/2012/2013 Brisky detox.. still going strong haha

Neo_VR

I find my NBDTW* diet does me pretty well - plus having salad for lunch every day.

Walkie - not everyone takes it as seriously as you. Some people just want to lose a little weight, not become bodybuilders. Don't you find that exercising early in the morning when your blood sugar is low makes you feel a little faint at times?

Keep it up guys, but don't let it become an obsession.

(*NBDTW=No Beer During The Week - a simple rule, but it works. The mind likes rules. You go to the fridge (or the barrel in the kitchen in my case) and you think "oh no, it's only Wednesday, bugger!", and turn away again).

Hi Nick,

I appreciate people wont want to take it as seriously as me, there's times when I wish I didn't.

I was just a little shocked at Tom's weight for a younger person on here.

I wasn't on about him body building but just trying to explain that loosing serious weight (which is what he needs to do) is a life changing action.

Not having the money to join a gym is the wrong attitude imo, downgrade the car and join a gym.

If he's not carefull he'l run into serious health issues later on in life and the longer it's left the harder it is to act.

I dont want to come across harsh, I am genuinely concerned for his health.

As for working out in the morning on an empty stomach, I probably need to explain this a little better before people start doing it :eek:

I wake, and do a very moderate cycle, or cross trainer at my fat burning heart rate zone (which is indivdual, do not believe the zone's to be correct on treadmills etc) for 45 mins. My zone is between 110bpm - 119bpm so as you can tell it is very moderate.

Have me brekkie etc and train heavy weights in the afternoon with food 2 hours before.

Hope this clears some bits up :)

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers all.

Colin - nice to see you took my advice regarding the Big Soups!!! :rofl::thumbup: They are such a filling lunch I'm off to buy a basket full in a few minutes.

I feel like I'm getting there with the diet. I'm actually having breakfast every morning (museli or weetabix), normally some sort of soup, beans on toast, pilchards on toast or similar canned food for lunch, and whatever is going for dinner... It may not sound drastic, but trust me, its a ten-fold improvement over the no breakie, fry up for lunch and kebab/pizza/chinese for dinner.

Now its just the exercise thing. I'm walking a lot more now, but I know I need to do exercise that gets the heart racing a bit... I'm NOT signing up to a gym, I simply couldn't use it enough to justify the cost, but I certainly am considering using more of the weekend to go for a vigerous bike ride (i.e. I go on the front of the tandem and Kelly doesn't pedal :rofl: ). Any other ideas for cheap exercise thats easy to accommodate in a busy lifestyle are much appreciated.

Cheers all.

Any other ideas for cheap exercise thats easy to accommodate in a busy lifestyle are much appreciated.

Tom, get a decent pair of trainers and get out jogging..... its hard work at first but if you stick with it it gets easier and is one of the best way's to stay in shape. You can also go when you want and at what time you want, so easy to accommodate.

Take it easy at first no need to attempt to try and do 5 miles without stopping, just run for a couple of minutes and then walk for a few to get going.

:thumbup:

i went out on the bike today and was good apart from i got saddle sore after about 10 minutes :(

Couple more rides and ill be back into it i reckon as i could ride for hours

• 2 weeks later...

How is everyone doing with their new healthy regimes?

For the ones that want to lose weight, I have just made a red pepper and soft cheese soup from a WW recipie. It rates it as 1.5 points per portion, if you don't know how flippin low that is it's probably the same as a chocolate biscuit if I remember rightly.

It could be something worth considering for those who take lunch to work as you can freeze it in individual portions then just use a microwave to heat it up (obviously thawing it out first). If anyone wants the recipie just let me know, it's gorgeous :)

How is everyone doing with their new healthy regimes?

For the ones that want to lose weight, I have just made a red pepper and soft cheese soup from a WW recipie. It rates it as 1.5 points per portion, if you don't know how flippin low that is it's probably the same as a chocolate biscuit if I remember rightly.

It could be something worth considering for those who take lunch to work as you can freeze it in individual portions then just use a microwave to heat it up (obviously thawing it out first). If anyone wants the recipie just let me know, it's gorgeous :)

No thanks.

well i'm still alcohol free , boxercise is a good laugh , its a bit of boxing mixed in with circuit type training , found out i can actually skip

having better food and more fruit , down to about 13st 10lbs , not a big improvement but i expect i have put a bit of muscle on since starting the boxercise

Still going at it but never weighed myself. I just feel better over all and now need to work on the exercise front but the cold weather and working shifts is the excuse i keep using.

Thats going to wear off soon though i can feel it

Still going at it but never weighed myself. I just feel better over all and now need to work on the exercise front but the cold weather and working shifts is the excuse i keep using.

Thats going to wear off soon though i can feel it

I don't particularly enjoy indoor exercise to be honest, I would rather be out on my mountain bike, walking, climbing or running etc., but I find the rowing machine is pretty good for a workout and it doesn't matter what the time or weather is really. :)

Ive been to the gym once or twice

not had any beer since NY

have cleaned my diet up considerably... big soups rule :rofl:

As for my weight... watch this space ;):o

my weight at the start of jan was 14st 5lb.

fingers crossed for the weigh in next week..

Time for a bit of an update...

Well ive managed a month without beer (was quite easy this time round)

And im slowly getting back into the gym thing.. still need more effort to go more reguarly.. im tending to go at weekends, and on a monday/tues but then fizzle out towards the end of the week :(

more importantly im now 13st 7, down from 14st 6 so somethings working :thumbup:

my lowest over the month was 13st 4, but i guess the combination of a couple of family meals out + lazy CV work/heavy weights has taken its toll.

But I can now comfortably fit back into 34" waist :rofl:

other achivements are slowly being met too.. almost sorted my job out.. have cut down my unneeded spending bigtime too :thumbup:

So.. onwards and upwards for me :D:thumbup:

Well, I've not even attempted to give up alcohol :rofl: but I have cut beer down to one night a week.

My weight is now 11st 2 lbs, down from 12st 2lbs exactly one month ago. I think I'm getting fitter too, and I've been off the fags since last summer (that one is finally conquered! I have NO pangs at all anymore :thumbup:) and generally feel better all round. Maybe these health drive things do work? :P

• 3 months later...
Time for a bit of an update...

Well ive managed a month without beer (was quite easy this time round)

And im slowly getting back into the gym thing.. still need more effort to go more reguarly.. im tending to go at weekends, and on a monday/tues but then fizzle out towards the end of the week :(

more importantly im now 13st 7, down from 14st 6 so somethings working :thumbup:

my lowest over the month was 13st 4, but i guess the combination of a couple of family meals out + lazy CV work/heavy weights has taken its toll.

But I can now comfortably fit back into 34" waist :rofl:

other achivements are slowly being met too.. almost sorted my job out.. have cut down my unneeded spending bigtime too :thumbup:

So.. onwards and upwards for me :D:thumbup:

LOL!!!! just reading back over this post.. sorted my job out.. oh how little i knew hehe. :rolleyes:

ayway... update time :D

yes i am still a fat knacker :rofl: but who cares!! lol

i now weigh 13st2 - which pretty much has purely been obtained by sorting my crappy diet out, as i dont think ive been to the gym in the last couple of months.

its been a rollercoaster for me, with my job stuff (see various threds in roadside hotel) social events and me generally being a lazy-@rse

but im happy that im getting where i want to be.. not just with weight, but job, lifestyle etc etc.. its a long road but progress is being made :):thumbup: - and yes, i would still choose a beer over the gym WITHOUT THINKING ABOUT IT XAVIER ;)

• 7 months later...