Simpsons Skoda (Preston) Ltd - Preston..

DGW

Simpsons Skoda (Preston) Ltd

Riversway Motor Park

Admiral Way

Ashton-on-Ribble

Preston

PR2 2TY

Tel: 01772 722200

Services: New, Used, Repair

Edited by DGW
New address plus services offered updated.

• 1 month later...

Went into the new Simpsons Skoda dealership in Preston recently to get a new battery for my remote key - it had got to the point where I had to stand very close to the door to activate the central locking.

Unfortunately, a new battery didn't help and a faulty key was diagnosed.

Simpsons ordered up a new one and I went in last Friday to get it sorted. They also offered to re-code my spare key that had never worked since I bought the car - unfortunately the dealer I got it from wasnt local so I hadn't bothered to go back to make them sort it.

I had to wait a while as apparently they have to get some details from the key and then send off to Skoda UK for a code.

So to kill time while I was waiting....

• I had a Briskoda mini-meet with Taztastic (who had popped in for some screenwash) and Ants (who was hanging around trying to sell cars :rolleyes: )
  • On Taztastic's recommendation I bought a couple of litres of the Skoda approved screenwash - with free fitting and free water!
  • I had a test drive in a TDi vRS - very nice although heavy traffic, poor road conditions, and getting lost prevented a full evaluation
  • I saw the Service Manager with some sill protectors, which before I knew it were being fitted on my car for a "special price".
  • I got a free coffee (which Ants assured me justified spending lots of money on aforementioned sill protectors)
  • I got a free keyring (ditto)

Anyway, the car is all sorted. All of the staff were friendly and helpful. Ants of course is ex-Simpsons Colne, and I believe the service manager and one of the other salesmen are from the Preston Audi dealer, so plenty of VAG experience.

With all the reports of dealers shutting down, its good to see a new one opening up.

I wish Simpsons all the best with their new venture.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

I recently had my 2nd service (39k on variable) done at Simpsons, and some warranty work - delaminated windscreen, ashtray cover, centre storage compartment cover all replaced without problem.

They also identified and stopped the creaking noise coming from under the car (see post 85 in http://www.briskoda.net/forums/new-octavia/creaking-suspension-octy-ii/66385/3/#post994400).

All staff at the dealership are very friendly. Laura (Service Reception) and Phil (Aftersales Manager) have kept me fully informed throughout, chasing up Skoda with technical queries and ordering in replacement parts under warranty as required.

Courtesy cars have been provided when needed (an Octy II 1.9TDi DSG estate for the last couple of days) and my car has been returned washed and vacuumed.

Service as it should be - many thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

MY first Skoda - 5th day of ownership and I couldn't be happier with Simpsons or the car.

Where do I start? I can only comment on buying a used car and doing a part-exchange, but its by far the best service I've had in the past 3 years (changing my car ever 12 months). They aren't pushy, don't follow you around the cars and just let you take a car away to test on your own. The handover was really good and the staff were very helpful (Craig and Kelly). My car was waiting in its own little "room" within the showroom - very impressed! I had a minor problem where my petrol flap wouldn't stay shut and had to go back - and they fixed the door catch on the spot.

Great service - i can highly recommend them!

• 1 month later...

I have had a few dealings with Simpson's and i'm very happy with them :) My first dealing was with my Dad's Seat Leon (he was away in Crete and it decided to flood :rolleyes:) Phil (aftersales Manager) took my call and was very helpful especially putting me at ease. I booked the Car in and they set about finding out why it had flooded and drying the poor thing out (it stank like a fish that had been dead a few months). They discovered that the pollen filter hadn't been put in right and that some of the door seals were blocked thus causing a massive fluid intake :rolleyes: (it was to the top of the rear foot wells).

I am currently in the process of getting my Fabia VRS off them, they have been fantastic, I really can't say I have come across a Car dealership as helpful :)

Keep up the good work :thumbup:

Why thank you Kelly :) I am very pleased with my number plate, it was a great find but I just need the car to go with it like yesterday :rofl: I will hopefully see you Friday :thumbup:

Are you sure there are no freebies lying round down there? I wouldn't dream of saying no to anything :D

Hi

Just wanted to add my support to the staff at Simpsons Skoda in Preston. Kelly who I dealt with recently when purchasing an Octavia VRS Combi was most helpful and kept me updtated at all times.

I suspect the red Fabia VRS referred to in a previous entry on this thread might be my old car (gone but not forgotten) I loved that little car and hope the new owner enjoys it as much as I did. (I'm flattered by your comments about my old car Kelly) I am looking forward to putting my VRS plates on the Octavia.

• 2 weeks later...

If I am reading the above posts correctly, there are some sales staff from Simpsons who contribute on here?

If they are, could you please PM me as I am on the lookout for a Roomster for my dad and I think you have the one he wants!

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

A big thanks to Simpsons from me as well. Kelly and Ants couldn't have been more helpful if they'd tried when I purchased my Octavia from them a few weeks ago.

No messing around, everything was simple and straight forward and the car was like new (including full first service) when I collected it.

• 2 months later...

Another big thanks to Kelly and Simpsons.:)

Just bought my 05 Fabia VRS from them and the service was spot on.:D

Great to dael with a sales person who is straight forward and has no BS.

Thanx Kelly

• 3 weeks later...

I took my car to Simpsons for its just-under-3-year-pre-warranty-expiry service this week and was really happy with the service. Stuart kept us well informed during the day as to what work needed doing on the car (warranty work including door seal repair and front wheel bearing replacement) and was also great with Andy's kids, chatting to them whilst we waited for the paperwork to complete. The 2 other members of staff I met were also really friendly. Definite thumbs up from me! :thumbup:

• 2 months later...

Just had my extremely late 40k service done at Simpsons Preston.

Always a pleasure dealing with Phil on Service Reception and Aaron does a great job on my car (thanks for sorting out my wheel balancing mate!)

Phil offered me the use of a courtesy car for the morning and when I went back to collect my car, it was washed and vacuumed (and it certainly needed it!)

Always got plenty of time for you and, together with the sister dealership in Colne would highly recommend to anyone.

• 2 weeks later...

Just had my first service and decided to use Simpsons Preston.

Very impressed with Phil the service manager who looked after a few warranty issues I had. Very good service car valeted and a loaner too.

Will return when I am ready to swap my car (just go's to show that good service breeds new sales) :D

Woodheads Blackpool could have learned a great deal from Simpsons............R.I.P.

• 3 months later...

Had my Octavia vRS serviced for the first time yesterday at Simpsons, and was very impressed by the whole experience. I arrived at 8.15 and was dealt with straight away by Phil the service manager. He took the keys and handed me back keys for a Roomster courtesy car.

Whilst the car was in he sorted some warranty issues I had, including the software upgrade, and ordered a new alloy and fog light surround, both of which were flaking.

When I collected the car, he talked though what had been done, and also helped me out with a problem I have on one of the other alloys. The car was cleaned inside and out, and helped to give a level of attention I haven't been used to before, mainly from BMW dealers on other cars.

Well done Simpsons!!

• 1 month later...

bought my vRS Octavia CR DSG from Simpsons Preston

John Williams the salesmanager answered my many many queries by rapid reply of email, and Kelly Gaze handled the partex and handover of the new car and she was impeccable at her job.

Really happy with the service so far, everything has been spot on and they went the extra mile for various reasons and for that I thank them.

• 4 months later...

We've just had the Fabia 3rd Annual service done at Simpsons in Preston. Very happy with the service.

We bought the car (56 plate Fabia vRS 27k miles) from Colne and it went back in to Colne for a knocking noise after 2 weeks. The car came back and at first it seemed better after they fitted a anti roll bar bush.

After phoning round for service costs Simpsons in Preston price matched Colne's price and gave us a courtesy car.

They went right through the car aswell as servicing it and replaced the concole bushes, put a new battery on it (the alarm kept going off) and spotted a leak from the EGR valve and a steering arm issue. All this was done under warranty. (Car is going in next week for steering arm and EGR valve).

We've had a new car once before (a VW polo) and the after sales support from VW was shocking, so I was worried how a Skoda main dealer would be. Simpsons have restored my faith in main dealers.

So 2 thumbs up for Simpsons Preston.

Wish I could share everybody's good experience with Simpson, unfortunately I've just had mine back from a service and checked the oil level which was 1cm overfilled. Took it back, they checked level which was near max, although the engine had only been off for 2mins! They emptied some oil out into a bottle and gave me it back, no recompense though for the 50 mile round trip and 90 mins of work time missed :(

For the money i pay for a straight forward service (£230) I would expect the very least that the dip stick level would be checked and that total faith in a machine wouldn't be taken! I shall be emailing them about this.

• 2 months later...

All of my dealings with the service department at Simpsons have been excellent; Stuart and Phil doing a superb job.

Nothing seems too much trouble, and they have sorted out things rapidly.

I have test driven a few cars, and they let you take the car by yourself with no real time limit so that you can get a real appreciation of the car.

I went on to buy one vRS from another dealer but have just ordered a new one from them :thumbup:

• 1 month later...
Saw a "For Sale/To Let" sign outside yesterday?

Off topic, but Simpson's Preston dealership will be re-locating to the ex-Volvo dealership in Preston's Docklands (Riversway) this coming October.

Their current premises were just on lease as they were looking to build a new purpose built showroom in Preston, but price of land, current economic climate etc. I suppose has put paid to that.

Had my long overdue 60,000 mile service this morning. Brake fluid replaced too. Car went in a rather mucky shade of red but was handed back to me washed and hoovered.

Nothing ever seems to be too much trouble for them and my return custom time and time again is testament to their exemplary customer care. :thumbup:

• 1 month later...

Just to advise that of this coming Monday (5th Oct), Simpsons Preston will have relocated to:

Riversway Motor Park

Admiral Way

Ashton-on-Ribble

Preston

PR2 2TY

Tel: 01772 722200

PM sent to Denis to advise too. Thank you!

• 1 month later...

Just found this thread and would like to add my own appreciation of Simpsons Preston. Have dealt with them for 2 years and the whole experience (purchase, service) has been excellent. Good to deal with and Recommended.

The new premises are just a bit smart too ....... complete contrast to the original temporary establishment and worth a look.