Simpsons Skoda (Preston) Ltd - Preston..

DGW

What are you doing Jimhem81????

Bit of a sad story there Pob17, please keep posting updates for us and I hope you get these issues sorted and finally take delivery of your shiny new Karoq. 

13 minutes ago, Macdemon said:

What are you doing Jimhem81????

Bit of a sad story there Pob17, please keep posting updates for us and I hope you get these issues sorted and finally take delivery of your shiny new Karoq. 

Cheers. Nothing else to say really, we won’t be getting the Karoq and I’m currently trying to find a different car. Pretty sure they will have sold it to someone else by now, their general attitude was they really don’t care whether I accept the car or not.

11 hours ago, Pob17 said:

Cheers. Nothing else to say really, we won’t be getting the Karoq and I’m currently trying to find a different car. Pretty sure they will have sold it to someone else by now, their general attitude was they really don’t care whether I accept the car or not.

Have you tried contacting other dealers other than Simpsons??

Shame to miss out on an AMAZING vehicle such as a Karoq.  

Don't let one bad dealer put you off one of the best car makes on the market today. Carwow is a good place to get discount prices and a way to get in touch with more than one dealer.

Sadly this no longer surprises me from Simpsons Skoda Preston - they couldnt even be arsed getting back to me - sorry tell a lie - they did last week - only a month AFTER I'd brought my car from Lookers Eccles. Too litle too late

21 hours ago, Macdemon said:

Have you tried contacting other dealers other than Simpsons??

Shame to miss out on an AMAZING vehicle such as a Karoq.  

I don’t want the long lead times there are now to be honest, and there is no Skoda dealer really local to me other than Simpson’s. I’ve just got a cracking lease deal on a Golf GTI for pretty much the same money (a tenner a month more) so will be going with that. The Karoq is a lovely car, maybe for me in a couple of years when my company car is due and I know they don’t source through Simpson’s!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shyVRS245 said:

Is that the 227bhp Golf or the PPwith 242bhp and how much is it per month roughly and over how many months plus did you part ex or pay a deposit. Just being nosey if you don't mind?:blink:

It’s the 227, and £250 a month incl metallic on a 6+23 lease. No part ex.  The GTIs are a bit of a bargain at the moment. Early September delivery. Wasn’t bothered about the PP, it’s for my wife (but I suspect she might be using my car a bit more!).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pob17 said:

Registered in September on a 68 plate.

The WLTP bit made me double check but they are insistent the car cannot be registered until 1 September. That’s supplied by Lookers.

• 4 weeks later...
On 20/07/2018 at 19:41, Offski said:

^^^  Is that early September delivery of a car registered in August with a 18 plate & not a First Registered in September on a 68 plate?

http://volkswagen.co.uk/owners/wltp 

NFDA calls for clarity from manufacturers on WLTP for dealer networks _ Car Dealer News.mhtml

Just had reg no confirmed - it’s a 68 plate being registered 3 September. Seems there is some leeway for manufacturers to register a limited number of cars in September that aren’t WLTP compliant.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Over the last 4 years I’ve had dreadful dealings with both the Audi and Merc dealers on the Riversway motorpark. Seems the virus has spread throughout the neighbourhood. The motor trade is in a very poor state, all the dealers want to do is sell a finance deal, the vehicle is not the focus. It’s an endemic problem. Was seriously looking to go back to an Octavia VRS, but reading the reports here, think I’ve changed my mind now. 

• 1 year later...

I'm on my second Karoq on 2yr PCH from Simpsons, not had any problems in 3yrs with either Karoqs or Simpsons PCH deals. I've had a Roomster and two Yeti's off them prior to the Karoqs. I hope to go back in October to order another Karoq for Feb/March 2022.

The only caveat to that is VWFS don't do back to back personalised number plate change over, so they charge me to put my reg no. on after I've collected the car, as do DVLA.

Also I only live 12 miles away, I don't know about distance PCH.

Edited by P6bJOHN