How Fast is your....Broadband connetion

yaktrebor

Im on roughly 4-5Meg with a MAX product. My exchange gets ADSL2+ enabled in March so that should see me up to 10ish Meg. But I am over 2.5k to the exchange. Ferckin cable (NTL Etc ) stopped 2 villages over about 5 years ago and they have no plans to extend it so I have to make do with my 2 copper wires.

Heres mine

.......................... Downstream Upstream

Data rate (Kbps) 6024 448

I used to be with Tiscali on their 1mb unlimited service which used to give 1150Kbps, however I changed ISP when they refused to accept that my line was capable of handling more than 1mb (even there own line test showed a max of 2.5mb). As we see above, I was right and they lost a customer, and bearing in mind my location out in the wilds of Dartmoor I am well pleased :)

ntl 10 meg at home and i get full strength sometimes more

up 8 meg in work get about 5 meg on average (and emails asking me to stop using p2p networks as it's unfair on other users on the bt network)

Yeah, stop using your Internet Connection its slowing it down.. What do you mean you thought thats what it was for? No way, it there to look at, not to be used!

:rolleyes:

Thought I would try a speed test here at work. Despite the poor speed, it works really well despite having 350 users on it, plus the outside world coming in to browse the website.

Download 1764Kbps Upload 1682Kbps,

download = 3521 / Upload = 350:confused:

Im paying for 8meg(bt) - This good or bad? I have no idea, im new to broadband and my computer knowledge is pretty poor. All I know is its a millions time faster than the dial up I had before:rofl:

You're paying for (up to) 8 Meg... You're getting 3.5Meg down and .35 Meg up.

Any idea what you ISP quotes your upspeed as?

• 2 weeks later...