Buying a Fabia VRS - which options?

bbob1

They are particularly useful when it is cold ;)

Also when SWMBO is in the car she enjoys having them on, I tend to have them on if defrosting the car - otherwise I don't tend to use them though :)

Well worth it as it means the heater doesn't have to go as high :D

What's the big deal with heated seats? Surely only nesh girlies worry about having a cold botty.

My botty will expect nothing else now, I feel cheated whenever I venture into a different car that doesn't have them :P

Cruise and heated seats, definetely. Both are cheap, oft used options. The standard lights are plenty good enough, so I wouldn't bother with Xenons. If you have kids (or are planning on 'em) get the airbag deactivation option. CD multichanger is nice for long journeys, but I don't actually make much use of mine.

I think I'll go for black too although I might wait for the blue one that's rumored to be on its way - as long as it's not too expensive!

NOO not black, I got black and whilst it looks lovely when clean, which lasts for about 5 mins) it always looks filthy and is a pig to clean, wish I had chosen another colour!

I have cruise but have never used it, its takes all the fun out of driving I think!

& I WANT HEATED SEATS TOOO, they sound great:rofl:

What is the Dension Icelink? How is it fitted/used? It sounds good as it would save bothering with the CD changer.

Stu's site (above) sold me on the idea of the Icelink.

It plugs into the back instead of your CD changer and emulates the CD changer through your iPod playlists.

It takes your first 5 (or maybe 6) playlists and assigns them as CD's 1-6. Tracks 0-99 are shown but I'm pretty sure mine carries on playing past 100 tracks even though the display doesn't know what to do.

You don't get any song titles or info on the headunit though, which is the only downside.

The iPod's also charged up through the Icelink and you can set it to charge an additional 2 hours after turning off the ignition.

20 mins to fit.

I got mine with cruise control, ESP and a 6-CD changer (oh, and black paint).

Cruise control came as standard on my last car. I thought, like a lot of people, that it would be a novelty that would never get used, but I found I was using a lot; not just on clear motorways, but even on my city centre commute.

ESP, because I had seen a couple of motoring programmes where it made a difference to the stability of the car.

6-CD changer? I was toying with the idea of a replacement MP3 head unit, but they all look so flashy and pimped-up.

I have a PD100 rather than a VRS, but I imagine many of the options are the same.

Heated seats are fantastic. Anyone who questions them has obviously never tried them! I would be loathe now to buy a car that didn't have them.

Cruise is a bit more useful than I thought it'd be (it came as a "free" upgrade pack when I ordered). Good on clear motorways and very good on things like long easy 40s and 50s - set it and relax and you know you're not going to accidentally creep over the limit.

ESP I don't really know about - I have it, and the car goes round corners very nicely, so I presume it works. I don't thrash my Fabia anyway.

Oh, and I have rear parking sensors, which are great. I'm terrible at judging how much space I have behind.

I ordered ESP and Cruise with mine. I feel that ESP is a fantastic safety device which ought to be standard.

I use cruise a lot. In my area there a lots of speed cameras . You can use cruise in 30 MPH areas in 5th Gear. I'm sure it may have saved me a ticket. If you need to slow a touch on the brakes will disengage cruise,likewise a gear downchange.

Cruise is well worthwhile.

• 1 month later...