Silver paint and wax

cheezemonkhai

I have been using Mer (as you could ad a proper wax with the wash), and then moved to Zymol wash and Zymol Polishing Wax on my old car.

Question is what is best for a good looking clean and polish, then a long lasting wax or sealant and then wax on silver Skoda paint.

I would be applying and removing the lot by hand.

Ta

Autoglym Super Resin Polish (to clean and polish paint), followed by Extra Gloss Protection (to seal it).

Or you could spend a bit more time and go for

Meguairs Quick Clay - removes contaminants

Meguairs Deep Crystal Paint Cleaner - cleans paint, helps with swirls

Meguairs Deep Crystal Paint Polish - adds gloss

Meguairs NXT Tech Wax - adds long life sealant protection

Without the wax or sealant you shine you get from the polish will not last as long and your car will be unprotected from the elements.

Swissol Mystery wax is IMO the best but costs a small fortune, depends how much you love the car, the last one I bought was about £240 but lasted ages

Meguires nxt best of the commercials with the spray& gel for quick polishes between main applications.

with a Silver car you will never achieve the deep shine you can get with Dark cars but the + is they dont show all those little scratches

for silver cars a wax almost a waste of time, yes there are waxes that will look good, but you are into spending serious money.

A sealant is the way to go. Any acrylic sealant will last and look good for some time. The Klasse Twins are idea on silver cars, very crisp clear results, and great durability.

I like Klasse also. Autoglyn superresin followed by extra gloss protection gives very similar results and might be easier to find.

I still think a wax can look good. Blitz lasts for ages, easy to apply and buff (used it on my silver Alfa). But a polymer will last.

I had Jewelultra diamond brite applied to my fabia before pick up, I must admit after a wash it comes up brilliant really brilliant but it dies say to use a Konserver(sic) as supplied with the aftercare kit. The shampoo that comes with it is very good but was told any car wash will do. My fabia is 2001 and paint is burnt orange colour. Not exactly certain if would reccomend it fully as it can never be waxed ar treated with other products, but like I say a simple wash brings it up brilliantly unless this just paint finish anyway. However it is guranteed against defects etc for 6 years.

• 1 year later...