Aquapel Group Buy Number II

devonutopia

OK - to make a clean break between the first GB and this one, I'm starting a new thread. Basically, I feel that despite the first GB incurring an issue with me getting half the goods early, and half a lot later AND incurring customs, it went well - Also learned a lot about how to pack these things for ease of packing, and also reliability of the contents. - May have to add 20p/30p on to cover extra weight on postage though.

OK - the product. If anyone remembers ombrello of old - this is the same stuff, only it costs a lot less when done through this group buy. Basically, I will take delivery of a box of 48 aquapels from the states, and pack them up in pairs, fours, sixes, whatever you want - and send them UK first class post. When this stuff is applied to a freshly clean (and dry) windscreen, it leaves a coating on it which makes water bead up, and once over about 30mph, it all heads north up the screen to leave a nice clear viewing area, with no need for wipers. Personally I recommend using two tubes to do the side windows and give the screen a double coating. Very easy to apply, as long as the screen is well cleaned and dried first

This is what the stuff looks like. (weblink)

Aquapel® Glass Treatment

Payment options are numerous. Preferred will be Paypal simply as the emails tell me the posting address, plus it's instant and secure. I would ask for 20p+3.5% to cover fees though. I'm factoring in the customs charge on this GB, but if its any less when I come to receive the goods, I will pass this on. Option will be provided for cheque and bank transfer too, as well as cash at sender's risk (I have a trustworthy face some say.... ;))

The price will be £4.70 all in for each Aquapel. I'm going to say please only order in pairs as a minimum @ £9.40. For Paypal, please make this £10.04 for two. Obviously double/triple this up if you want four/six, and so forth.

John had already made clear his amount wanted, so please follow suit if you wish to join in.

"Name - Amount = Running total"

1) Johnjohnhealy - 4 = 4

Just adding in that the more you buy, the more the overall price drops due to economies on postage. :_

2 = £10.04

4 = £19.70

6 = £29.30

8 = £38.80

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course, it's OK. I never meant that - I just wondered whether you were drinking the stuff or something. There was a shout out for 4 by It ain't no taxi, so adding him on this one, since that thread is now (justifiably) closed. :)

1) Johnjohnhealy - 4 = 4

2) mluton - 4 = 8

3) Mr Grumpy - 4 = 12

4) It Ain't No Taxi - 4 = 16.

:thumbup:

Well adjusted on the list. :thumbup:

I have to admit, it is a lot easier to pack 4 than 2 as it's a bit bulkier, so I appreciate the fact no pairs have been ordered yet (although don't let this stop anyone from doing so. :))

Well I will take two Jason, but I need to confirm I am going to be up at WSM.

When are you thinking of placing the order?

Well, as the GB is over 30 now, I will be ordering 48 regardless - It just depends how quickly those 48 are snapped up. Got me wondering if I should get 96....

Have amended first post after doing some calculations on postage (rough ones :D)

Now, assuming I still get the customs charge, the price all in will be:

2 = £10.04

4 = £19.70

6 = £29.30

8 = £38.80

This will be confirmed in the final PM once I get them in my hands. :)

1)Johnjohnhealy - 4 = 4

2) mluton - 6 = 10

3) Mr Grumpy - 4 = 14

4) It Ain't No Taxi - 4 = 18.

5) Pythix - 4 = 22

6) PittvRS - 4 = 26

7)Fluffmeister - 4 = 30

8) h4rri - 4 = 34

9) Octoplus -4 = 38

10) Wonderbadger - 4 = 42

11) Dodgy - 2 = 44

Cheers,