MFD2 for 249 quid + 40 postage

With regards to making a backup of the disk, from 2005 onwards they were protected with Safedisc2. Not impossible, but it does need a writer that supports raw DAO.

From what I'm told, the 2007 disk is protected with Safedisc3, which is incredibly difficult to duplicate no matter what equipment you've got.

I guess it would be worth a try, but I wouldn't hold out too much hope.

A quick google for safedisc should yield the appropriate information on how to proceed.

Bagpuss.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry if this is a bit off the thread, but I've been watching the MFD2's on ebay for a while, but have been worried about the quality of the goods. I am guessing that most of you have had no problem with the unit not working or there being obvious signs of damage or removal?

Can these be fitted to cars without Maxidot?

Any advice welcomed before I splash out!!

Yes it can be fitted to cars without Maxidot. Not to sure if it needs coding differently with VAG-CAM but it has been done.

My unit did throw a wobbly once and all the Maxidot functions disappeared but since then I have the new disk and its fine.

Well it arrived today and I fitted it at lunch time. All working great. Still waiting on my new trim but stuck the old one in for the time being. It really was plug and play. Delighted with it !!

Anybody else who's interested, there's another available.......

eBay.co.uk: Skoda DX navigation system MFD2 (item 150096314996 end time 01-Mar-07 20:14:21 GMT)

I reckon that fella cant speak english at all. I bought 2 MFDs off him and sent him questions regarding the second unit. No reply. When I sent him the money for the second unit his response was the same as the first. Pure cut and paste.

The unit was immaculately packaged. Really good lad to deal with.

I just finished recoding the various controllers with vagcom. All DTCs cleared.

Big thanks to Stu for the guide and info.

For novely value I have it on to and from work and have been playing at taking alternative routes and seeing how fast it can recalculate.

@Stu. 1) Where did you mount your ipod adapter? 2) With the satnav operational how do you turn it off at the maxidot? It takes over the maxidot and I can't see any other information when its switched on.

It is possible to switch between functions on the Maxidot.

Just push and hold the rocker on the end of the stalk as you would do to change the comfort indicators for example or the units.

You then get the normal Maxidot menu and you can choose but you need to then select to go back to the Nav view.

It is possible to switch between functions on the Maxidot.

Just push and hold the rocker on the end of the stalk as you would do to change the comfort indicators for example or the units.

You then get the normal Maxidot menu and you can choose but you need to then select to go back to the Nav view.

I was trying to do it while driving so it probably wouldnt let me. Thanks, will try it tomorrow.

I'll try that Ian - Thanks.

I thought I'd held it for a while but obviously not long enough as I remembered seeing an option in MaxiDot for Navigation.

It does work while driving as I was 'playing' with it on Sunday.

On mine it won't let you do some functions while the car is moving, comes up with a safety message IIRC :) .

On mine it won't let you do some functions while the car is moving, comes up with a safety message IIRC :) .

I think that is to do with the setup option in Maxidot.

Switching between Nav and other functions is fine.