Hoovering

Mark raw

What do you use to hoover th inside of your car. Please don't reply the hoover, I donnt seem to be able to get the areas right next to the seats clean, full of looks like food crumbs. Never bought the fabia new and been present since I bought it, nothing major but really annoying. My Dyson does not seem to have the attachments thin enought to get into those areas. Any suggestions

Rip em out mate, only 4 bolts and if you only do it when you do the 'big clean' it's worth it. Failing that hit it with a paint brush as has been suggested to move the crud to a good position to hoover it. I use a Dyson Animal and it's dire in small spaces :(

Its kinda Lazy but pay someone else to do it for a big clean once a year.

Thats what i do. The Fabia Vrs seats are a pain in the Ar Se to keep clean even with seat covers there Mucky as hell.

And then the gap between the seat etc always seems to be mucky Paying my sister with small hands and a duster does that weekly thing.

I've got a cylinder Dyson - bought it specifically for car detailing, and its been faultless. I have the car cleaning accessory pack (thin rubber hose extension, bendy attachement with a brush on the end, small head thing with rotary brushes etc) and its totally brilliant.

The accessory pack is £50 IIRC.

By all means whip the seats out, just 4 bolts. Just take care not to scratch trim or bodywork with the runners, and you really should change the bolts too. ;):thumbup:

On the subject of car hoovering, I have to park about 40m from home. Does anyone have any good recommedations for a cordless portable vac for doing the car or a good one that runs off 12v and won't blow up my electrics? (cue E-reg uno memories)

I've a Miele Cat and Dog

Miele - Vacuum Cleaners Overview

They are superb for cleaning the car.

The mini turbo brush makes short work of all the dog hairs on the back of the seats.

You can turn up the suction power put that with the crevice tool and you can lift the gearbox out, well nearly.

All the little upholstery tools are hidden way inside the machine a brilliant piece of design and engineering.

I used to have a Dyson :thumbdwn: , utter crap when compared to the Miele.:thumbup:

Designed to last 20 years.