Lowering Springs - post yer pics

I photoshop'd my car tonight to see what it would look like lower (personally I think there is far too much air under the arches!)

Take a look at the pics:

lower.jpg

I probably wont get it as low as my pic plus it will probably be impractical at 40mm...

standard.jpg

I don't want to spend over £200 so upgrading the dampers will be out of the question. This also limits my max lowering height to about 40mm. I'm after a more cosmetic mod I guess. I have searched through some previous posts and it looks like I have two options:

1. H&R Sports Springs - Cost £130 - 30mm drop - Think someone posted a pic on here before and the car looked really low. Don't want to hurt my sump guard!

2. Eibach Pro Kit - Cost £150 - 25mm drop - seem to be the most popular?

Pls post your pics and opinions!

also has anyone managed to change their aerial to a shark fin (one that works!) or similar? my old fabia had a Sony DAB aerial at the top of the windscreen and it worked excellent...want to keep the Symphony head unit so I cant have a DAB unit but I hate bee sting aerials!

17's really help fill the arches - nice brakes on that one too...better cut my credit cards up quickly!

18s fill the arches better! Heres my old one on BBS 18s with Eibach springs... :thumbup:

14319.attach

Will post mine in a sec as comp downastairs, but was wondering.. thought Octy 17's dont fit fabias?? or is mkI fit but not mkII?

Edit: (Below) Thanks for reply! :D - Heres the pic.... Oh yes, they're Weitec 35mm's........on 14's........ (and the car behind was my neighbour looking weirdly at me cause i was randomly taking a pic of my car just now)

I have 17 inch alloys, and decided just to lower 20mm using Weitec springs. Closes up the arches gap enough, but at the same time doesnt look 'slammed'. Also the Weitec springs are green, which looks nice with the brake calipers when it gets noticed! Tried to put some pics on but i couldnt, aaah, damn computers.

Spring drops are all approximate so don't decide on a setup based on a difference of 5 or 10mm between brands!

Ride height can look different on different road surfaces, how loaded the vehicle is and how tired the new (and old) springs are.

Ignore the heights, just class them as "a bit lower", "quite low really" and "woah nelly that be mighty low"... :) then choose based on brand/price/availability.

fabia lowered approx 60mm front and 70mm back. Back seems to have dropped more for some reason, possibly down to dodgy dampers.

What kit did you use to get it this low? do the back tyres rub on the inside arches?

What kit did you use to get it this low? do the back tyres rub on the inside arches?

FK highsport coilover kit, and no they don't. but it is tight (around 1.5 finger widths). They're so stiff I've not had them rub yet. Ride comfort is something you will never have with these on. :D

• 2 weeks later...