Pay Rise, Who's getting What????

Auric Goldfinger

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:eek: Pay is supposed to rise :confused: :eek:

I've switched positions at work and taken a £2.5k pay cut.

But now much happier :D

A cacky old 2.5% from the NHS for me, it's being split though so 1.5% from april and another 1% in november.

Don't get me wrong, I love my job but the more I go to work the more I feel I have 'mug' written across my forhead. :rolleyes:

work in an FE college, and that's pretty similar to what happened with support staff last year, except the 2nd part was "delayed" for like 8 months and then wasn't backdated at all :rolleyes:

the salary for the principal and vice principal get decided totally separately from everyone else's - i could well be mis-remembering, but last i heard the principal was on around £90k :mad:

Got 4% on normal rate, but as long as I keep passing exams I get £1000 a time. So that means £1k in July, £1k in Jan 08 + I'll have completed the professional stage by then too. :thumbup:

Never been in a job with such decent prospects before. :cool:

about 6 months into a 3 year training contract to be an ACA qualified accountant. :)

I used to work for a CA too, until I qualified then I went on my own - the best decision I ever made. Now I earn 10 times more than I did and I only work 3 days a week. :thumbup:

PS Usually 10% a year increase. :D

I used to work for a CA too, until I qualified then I went on my own - the best decision I ever made. Now I earn 10 times more than I did and I only work 3 days a week. :thumbup:

PS Usually 10% a year increase. :D

Might have similar plans, but I need to qualify first... Plus, I really like the firm and the staff I'm working for/with now, so would feel an "intangible ;)" debt to repay for them putting me through all the ACA stuff. :)

Might have similar plans, but I need to qualify first... Plus, I really like the firm and the staff I'm working for/with now, so would feel an "intangible ;)" debt to repay for them putting me through all the ACA stuff. :)

True - my conscience was eased somewhat by the extremely poor pay rate I endured whilst qualifying - I didn't take take any clients with me either!

The partners had a major falling out with each other not so long after so it was a good decision for me :)

Gives me plenty of time with the family! :grouphug:

We are still negotiating with our employers for one:mad: For such a large company i feel it is not good that it has dragged on this long.

Should have been from Jan uary but not been sorted out yet. It will be back dated though.

Two years ago we had a similar situation and it didn't get sorted out til October:eek:

10 months back pay was ok though:thumbup:

We will end up with between 3 and 4 % i am guessing.

I work for a q. big company and in 2 of the last 3 years we haven't had our april rise come through till Aug/Sept time (with back pay, obviously ;) ). So far this year, we're asking for RPI + 2%! and I'm told that an offer of 4.1% has been knocked back without even considering it. Just playing the waiting game now as we normally get RPI + a few tenths of a percent

I havent had a cost of living pay rise on its own merit in over six years.

Its the main reason i've kept changing jobs as its the only way in my trade to progress anywhere money wise.

I know people who still work at my previous employers and they keep getting told that they arent making enough money to pay a raise.