new fab RS....bit underwhelmed :(

kit

What would I know about Amd'd Fabia's ;)

and what would i know about a remapped 1.8T, or a remapped 1.8T Vs. a remapped fabia vRS in a straight line race, or a remapped 1.8T Vs a remapped fabia vRS on track not that i have experienced any of that of course :rolleyes:

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yep was really expecting to feel some surge or urgency what with all the torque!!....but nought!!...no surge at all and definatly no three figures!!

k:)

Ok, I'm gonna be Mr Miserable here -

Please lets keep this on topic and see if we can help Kit resolve his issues (Car that is , not personnal :P ).

If you want to have a Fabia vs Octy vs AMD vs TT225 vs Wheelybin or whatever else you think might or might not beat a Fabia then start another thread.

Well one quick way of finding out if your car is down on speed or not is do a timed 0-100mph. Autocar recoreded 23.8 seconds in their std vRS - and thats with the best in the business at the wheel so expect maybe 25 or even 26 seconds to the ton.

If your much slower than that then you have a problem if not either you are accelerating at the stutter point or you have a duff car.

Or if you dont want to do the 100mph on the open road how about trying the 50-70mph in 6th dead simple to achieve and no gear change needed just floor it to the throttle stop if its a long way off Auto cars time its a fault if not your expectations are too high.

Maybe those expectations have been pushed up by the rosetineded glasses crew here?

and many personal issues i have too!!:)....but thats a day for when the beer is flowing!!

could it be a blown turbo?.....is there a big turbo whistle sound on a fab RS like there is on a octy RS?.....cos if there is then ive no turbo at all!!

If you are struggling to get the car near three fgures then the thing is kippered :( I have no rose tinted glasses and regularly drive a octy 2 vRS and even when comparing the 2 there is no way I would say the furby struggled in this speed range let alone as a stand alone product. It does struggle above *cough* tho, whereas the octy continues to pull hard :D

edit there is an audable whistle with the windows down but not overly loud :)

The brakes thing has me really confused. I find the Fabia's pedal a bit squishy but the actual braking effort seems fine. The standard suspension fools you into thinking you're slowing down faster than you are though, because the car stands on its chin.

Performance wise, I feel as std. the car's an effortless to drive warm hatch. Up to a point it's great, then you're bouncing up and down in the seat urging it to go faster.

To do the drivetrain justice it needs a bit more urge than Skoda gave it as standard.

J.

Other things worth checking are the boost hoses and that nothing which should have been removed as part of the PDI wasn't :D As for the brakes, find a quiet stretch of road and do some high speed stops to bed them in - may well be just because the car's new....

Chris

yep was really expecting to feel some surge or urgency what with all the torque!!....but nought!!...no surge at all and definatly no three figures!!

i seriously think there's something wrong with it.... throughout the 80k I did in my fabia, even with no chip, flooring in 5th at 70 would result in three figures in a very short time....... I'd get it checked out asap....

That video is of Barry's Fabia? The one with the original long gearbox in? I always have a good chuckle at that video because AMD'd Fabias are faster than that :thumbup:

[obscure reference]

what did the Egyptian say when he fell out of the boat?

[/obscure reference]

;):D

I too was underwhelmed, go a lot better with a tuning box on though

my wife drives mine now and I have a nice mk5 astra turbo, which kicked the *** of a nice fabia vrs earlier

I think the problem here is the following - most people on here this appears to be their first properly "fast" car.

I think they are pretty fast cars and at 36 ive drove and owned many.(i had a 270bhp cossie at 20)

anything with 229lbs of torque aint slow....

I think they are pretty fast cars and at 36 ive drove and owned many.(i had a 270bhp cossie at 20)

There is no telling some people on here mate, you will soon get bored of trying :rofl:

not really, torque has little to do with speed

and the fabia vRS as standard isn't fast, is a good overtaking tool and a nice drive

A fast car will hit 100mph in 17>secs even a highly tuned fabia won't do that

not really, torque has little to do with speed

and the fabia vRS as standard isn't fast, is a good overtaking tool and a nice drive

:popcorn:

There is no telling some people on here mate, you will soon get bored of trying :rofl:

you have said in the past that your octavia was faster than your fabia but not as much fun and i seem to remember passing you and not getting caught up by you at any point in my octavia :P

i'm not saying the fabia is slower just slower than a 1.8T.

Mine will be in the region of 15 seconds when finished, but then there's "highly tuned" and then there's "mongrel" - It's like a whole new plateau.

Mine will be in the region of 15 seconds when finished, but then there's "highly tuned" and then there's "mongrel" - It's like a whole new plateau.

fair one, but your one even gets talked about on the vauxhall forums!

there is nothing wrong with a fabia vRS but as standard they are not blistering off the lights and I have had my **** kicked a few times in my remapped one