( the original wording of this thread has been changed due to too many silly comments, if you want to fill gearbox oil here is how)

Trace where speedo cable enters gearbox, clean the area as you don't want grit/dirt falling into box.

You will see a small bolt at side of cable, remove this, this holds a key way plate that can be slid sideways the cable will then just lift out.

I'd agree with Tom. Well that or else maybe the gear oil needs changing, or the clutch is dragging.

Anyway, do not add Molyslip to the oil! It works by reducing friction, but you need friction in order to get the synchromesh to work properly!

Billy, did you also read the replies talking about how thinner oil slows down the gearchange by reducing the friction on the synchronisers? That's what I'm talking about, and why I regard friction modifier products as a bodger's delight. Well that and them being way cheaper than a rebuild as a way of quietening down a whining box or final drive.

Whats all this c**** about adding sawdust to box, my box is not noisy! My car had a service at the Leicester Main Dealers a fortnight ago, and I asked them to look at gear change, they topped box up and lubricated linkage. They gave me no report of anything wrong. Thats why I put molyslip in. Please stop writing rubbish just to increase your number of posts.

You saw that roll eyes smiley and are familiar with sarcasm i take it?

I don't see why you take such an objectionable tone to anyone, but especially to somebody who will know a significant amount about the engine/gearbox you are talking about. :thumbdwn:

Unlike the garage, he didn't charge you £75+ per hour to give you advice, it was free and all you do is give him a load of grief back! His first answer was something that people experience on all brands of cars which can cause change issues.

If you can't take a joke and like being so rude back to people then why don't you go find a trades person who is willing to charge you for this information.

The people on this site owe you nothing, so try remembering that and try being polite to others!

You saw that roll eyes smiley and are familiar with sarcasm i take it?

I don't see why you take such an objectionable tone to anyone, but especially to somebody who will know a significant amount about the engine/gearbox you are talking about. :thumbdwn:

Unlike the garage, he didn't charge you £75+ per hour to give you advice, it was free and all you do is give him a load of grief back! His first answer was something that people experience on all brands of cars which can cause change issues.

If you can't take a joke and like being so rude back to people then why don't you go find a trades person who is willing to charge you for this information.

The people on this site owe you nothing, so try remembering that and try being polite to others!

Polite notice

I know I don't get out much, thats why I joined this forum, but pay £75 an hour for someone to advise me to put sawdust in my gearbox, I don't think so.

Enjoy your life, what little of it there is, Bill

I thought I would print this as BillyGeorge is deleting all his posts in a hissy fit. Just so we can remember him.

Billy, give it a couple of weeks and come back, you might enjoy it. I go through rough spells were I could shoot people and sometimes people feel so disposed towards me, but over ll you need to stick around a little longer to see if you fit in.

Project1-3.jpg

I thought I would print this as BillyGeorge is deleting all his posts in a hissy fit. Just so we can remember him.

Billy, give it a couple of weeks and come back, you might enjoy it. I go through rough spells were I could shoot people and sometimes people feel so disposed towards me, but over ll you need to stick around a little longer to see if you fit in.

Project1-3.jpg

Have you noticed this box gets smaller every time it is copied, verry interesting