Fabia Door Water Leaks

Have the doors on your Fabia ever leaked water into the car?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Have the doors on your Fabia ever leaked water into the car?

• Yes
    • No

In the light of Skoda UK burying it's head in the sand regarding the leaking doors on our cars, please can we have a poll of those who have had leaks, whether or not they have been fixed.

Thanks,

Simon

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Both my 02 plate and SWMBOs 04 have leaks on the rear doors. Fortunately, hers in still under warranty!

I'm not convinced the dealer fix will help, as I've come to the conclusion it's a design fault (as you might imagine, there are plenty of threads on here discussing the issue!)

I never bothered trying to get the dealer to fix it (partly because they went bust, and partly because of the above), but if you try and they can't fix it, this may be the best solution:

Fabia-vrs.com - Re-sealing Fabia Rear Ancillaries Carriers

Skoda have told me today that there is no inherent fault with the Fabia doors!

I pointed out to them that they have instructed the dealers to repair all 4 doors on cars under warranty even if only one is leaking. Sounds like they know there is a problem to me. I am just waiting for there latest response, should take about a week...

I've only had my car a month, so I can get the supplying dealer to pay for the repairs, but I thought I would give Skoda the opportunity to take responsibility. I know I won't get anywhere, but thought I'd have a go.

Yep, I've started to notice this over the last few months. I'm not sure whether it's done it before now because we rarely have passengers in the back seat to notice and I've only been checking since I read about it on this site. The footwells don't get wet but the bottom of the doorcard on both rear doors do.

I've also been afflicted with most of the other Fabia bugs:

1) Centre dashboard rattle (fixed with a paper towel)

2) Front ARB worn after four years' use causing car to pull to the left (replaced for

Yup, when I got my second-hand 51 plate, both leaked badly. Obviously the old chap who had it before me either didn't take it out in the rain or was not someone who dreamed of getting things fixed.

Since 'sealed' them myself with some roof N gutter sealant. No leaks since. :)

I thought Skoda had overcome the problem on cars produced from 2004 by fitting better seals,but this seams to be in doubt from members forum.Is there any official bulletin from Skoda on this,and if so, is there a way of identifying the modified models by chassis No. or build date?

I think that it can affect any model. From what I have read on here even cars registered in the last year or so are affected.

SWMBOs car was registered at the end of June 2004 and that has just started to leak too.

But Skoda UK insist that there is no problem with leaks, so why would they fit better seals?

Both rears on my 53 Fab VRS leaked (previous owner used little & garaged so presume didn't know). Skoda totally disgraceful re: refusing to admit design/build fault. Fixed myself with 'Bostik serious stuff' silicone from B&Q. Easy job but the principle stinks; heard they're making the new ones out of confectionary so don't imagine they'll perform well either.

In the light of Skoda UK burying it's head in the sand regarding the leaking doors on our cars, please can we have a poll of those who have had leaks, whether or not they have been fixed.

Thanks,

Simon

I have both a 2004 and a 2007 Fabia 1.4 TDI, 5 doors, and all front drivers doors show signs of water leaking through via the bottom door sill seals where water is visible running through onto the carpets when the doors are opened after it has rained.....The 2004 car was looked at Horners of Manchester, where I was assured all doors had been sealed behing the door trims around the removable panel which holds the window winding mechanism, but this has not cured the problem.....Whenever a front door is opened on the 2007 car after it has been raining, water streams from the drain holes in the door, suggesting that water is not allowed to escape when the door is shut, do other folk find this also ?....Mr Mogwye

Rears only - fixed under warranty - cure is either to unbolt plate and fit new seal or if rivetted use sealer - sound like an unusual fault ???:D :D

Rears only - fixed under warranty - cure is either to unbolt plate and fit new seal or if rivetted use sealer - sound like an unusual fault ???:D :D

Only unusual if you work for Customer Services at Skoda UK I think!

Whenever a front door is opened on the 2007 car after it has been raining, water streams from the drain holes in the door, suggesting that water is not allowed to escape when the door is shut, do other folk find this also?

I wouldn't worry about this particular symptom - a certain amount of water will remain in the doors when they are shut anyway (to do with the static head of the water inside the door vs. the surface tension between the drain hole and the sill). It's when this water leaks INSIDE the car that there's a problem. But unless the seals themselves are shot, the build-up of water in the oddrs is not an issue. You will be able to tell if this has happened by running a finger along the join between the door trim and the bottom of the door itself. If there is water there, then your door carrier seal is probably leaking. Of course, if the carpets are wet, you know you've got a leak!!!

One thing I would say is that I think the leaky door issue is almost always with the BACK doors, and may be down to their design...

Both rear doors on my 55 plate leaked, though only very slightly, never enough to wet the foot wells. Fixed them myself with silicone sealant rather than have the dealer messing up the trim, no problems since.