Skoda Integrated Bluetooth Kits & MaxiDot Dash Pod Group Buy

VRStu

My dealers (Simpsons) have got me the wires but say the connectors are on back order and will be up to a week. From what I can gather they are generic VAG parts so its unlikely that they can be got from other dealers.

My dealer says that there are none available across the VAG group. I do not profess to know how their ordering system works but I would guess for common parts it is shared.

Perhaps someone can enlighten me.

My understanding from my dealer is that common VAG group parts can be ordered by any dealer in the VAG group.

Makers specific parts can only be ordered by that makers dealer. So a Skoda dealer cannot order Audi specific parts and so on.

The connectors appear to be common VAG items across the whole group and as such appear to be out of stock in the UK and thus must be back ordered.

Makers specific parts can only be ordered by that makers dealer. So a Skoda dealer cannot order Audi specific parts and so on.

I'm not sure that is entirely true as I know JKM source all parts from Audi, no matter which marque. It may depend on the dealer.

Hi Guys, any of you done the Maxidot swap yet? I would appreciate any confirmation that this is a straight swap! I'm sorry I missed the group buy, no PC for 3 weeks!!

Providing the Maxidot swap is straight forwards & some one local can code it, I'd be interested on the reserve list; Octy II vRS TFSI early 55 plate.

No one has has them yet as the incosiderate barsteward who was supposed to be getting them went on Holiday!!! :P Thankfully the bluetooths are en route.

If you want to be on the list put yourself down. There is only one more whipment coming.

Cheers Stu,

Couldn't find a Reserve List for the Maxidot (sorry if I've started another one!)

Reserve List

Bluetooth Kit

1. Welshbigman

2. jlwah

3. EddyH

4. RossM

Maxidot

1. Uncle Bulgaria - Octy II vRS TFSI (early 55 plate)

:thumbup:

Looks like a bit more work than I'd like to carry out on my new car - It's mainly the trim removal that puts me off. Is there any possibility of a VRStu installed price for the bluetooth kit? I have electric seats, sat nav and A-pillar airbags and I think there's more chance of the them continuing to work if someone more experienced than me does the work!

I would certainly be willing to help out. Where are you based - PM me if you don't want to post it here.

After fitting another one recently I have a few changes to make to the guide which should make things a little easier. I'll get round to it soon I promise.

I intend to give those that have bought them my Mobile number incase you have any problems.

have integrated sat nav, if purchased bluetooth interface would phone numbers and info display on sat nav as this has phone buton on it or wul it be displayed on maxi dot screen.

Thanks Stu,

just added myself to the bluetooth list

Reserve List

Bluetooth Kit

1. Welshbigman

2. jlwah

3. EddyH

4. RossM

5. cj_uk

Maxidot

1. Uncle Bulgaria - Octy II vRS TFSI (early 55 plate)

Is It To Late To Order A Bluetooth Kit

And the reserve list is in the post above yours.

Add your name and PM me some contact details if you want to be included.

At last, some news -

The parcel has showed up on the Parcel Farce Radar

17-07-2007 18:13 National Hub Sorted in hub

17-07-2007 15:28 International Hub En route to delivery depot

17-07-2007 15:24 International Hub Arrived in destination country

It's a 48 hour service from now so tomorrow if we are lucky, if not Thursday I would think.

This is for the first consignment of BT kits and Jon's Octy MK1 Maxidot.

I'm awaiting the return of the Maxidot man to sort out the others.

Well I've litterally just driven onto the estate, behind the Parcel Farce van, and taken delivery of a fooking heavy box. Finger crossed.

I'm assuming everyone wants them sent ot the PayPal address's provided.