skoda superb write-off

hi some idiot hit the rear of my superb and totaled it last wednesday i have a full tank of fuel (typical) i just wondered if anyone knew the best way to drain the tank?

its a 2003 1.9 tdi 130bhp comfort.

Eh?

The excess is payable by the guilty party or the guilty parties insurer... the amount of fuel in the car has nothing to do with the price of fish.

Eh?

The excess is payable by the guilty party or the guilty parties insurer... the amount of fuel in the car has nothing to do with the price of fish.

Sure - eventually, but in any event, I think the fuel value at the time of the incident will not be considered within the final settlement - it's the value of the vehicle as per their considered fair market RV. But in any event, I feel for you neon3008 - happend to me on two occasions within three months many years ago - gits!

Hi ya mate,

When I bought my Skoda the car dealers needless to say had only left enough juice in the tank to just about get me home, which is sadly to say the norm for second hand cars these days.

In the vauxhall carlton that I was getting rid of for scrap there was a full tank, just like you have, and so I borrowed a pump from the power group at BT where I work and transfered the fuel over. The pump was so good that all of a sudden the Skoda started to overflow, and my little boy shouted daddy, daddy, turn it off quick. Obviously the carlton tank holds much more than a Skoda Mk 1.

You have really two options put a tube in to the sadly smashed up Skodas tank, and suck the end, and syphon in to a big jerry can, or rent a pump from a hire store, but would probably cost more than the diesel. Alternative you can buy little pumps that fit in the chuck of a drilling machine, if you know of anyone that may have one.

The circulating pump for a fishpond would do also , but be sure there is no water still in it if it has been used .

hope this helps, and so sorry to hear about your right off. There are some people around with failing eyesight, or the attention span of a gnatfly that can't look where they are going.

Soviet(bring back the Gulags)

has petrol really got that expensive in the UK?

Diesel is about 95p a litre at the moment so if it's full then that's about fifty quid sitting in the tank.

Not a fortune , but certainly not something you'd want to write off if you could help it

Hi ya mate,

When I bought my Skoda the car dealers needless to say had only left enough juice in the tank to just about get me home, which is sadly to say the norm for second hand cars these days.

In the vauxhall carlton that I was getting rid of for scrap there was a full tank, just like you have, and so I borrowed a pump from the power group at BT where I work and transfered the fuel over. The pump was so good that all of a sudden the Skoda started to overflow, and my little boy shouted daddy, daddy, turn it off quick. Obviously the carlton tank holds much more than a Skoda Mk 1.

You have really two options put a tube in to the sadly smashed up Skodas tank, and suck the end, and syphon in to a big jerry can, or rent a pump from a hire store, but would probably cost more than the diesel. Alternative you can buy little pumps that fit in the chuck of a drilling machine, if you know of anyone that may have one.

The circulating pump for a fishpond would do also , but be sure there is no water still in it if it has been used .

hope this helps, and so sorry to hear about your right off. There are some people around with failing eyesight, or the attention span of a gnat fly that can't look where they are going.

Soviet(bring back the Gulags)

It goes without saying, mind the safety aspect, sparks etc, but with diesel it shouldn't be that risky. The transfer that i did was with petrol, but I had a proper pump, complements of BT.

Soviet (dig up Brezhnev, and resuscitate)

Diesel is about 95p a litre at the moment so if it's full then that's about fifty quid sitting in the tank.

Not a fortune , but certainly not something you'd want to write off if you could help it

Fair enough!

98RON petrol's about 66p here at current exchange rates