Fabia vrs air intake mod to pd160 intake pipe

Ye the Edinburgh dealer said he'd have to order the part in so maybe i will order the part while its cheep :)

A mate of mine phoned the dealer to ask on the price and to order the intake a bit back and they quoted the old price on the phone....... Then when he went to collect it they asked if he'd been quoted a price when he ordered it, so he told them roughly what it was, (Lucky he remembered it), and they charged him the old price but told him they had not realised the price had changed at the time and that they had gone up to the new price...... So he just managed to get it at the old price.....

Cheers

Dave.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blimey

You know , here we go another rant :(

They do not put the prices up because it costs more to make them

They realise that people are buying them and that they will be able to charge more

Sod em!!!! I would not buy it again

Hey how about I see if we can mod it , or even find someone to manufacture them so we dont have to pay the inflated prices to keep SeatUK in the fancy leather seats that they probably have

Rip Off!!!!!!

Sarah

Right

Now I have just organised a company to have a look at one to see what we can do

So watch this space ;)

Sarah

Nice one....... I reckon if you pull it off there'll be a LOT of people who owe you a pint at meets. :D Youu'll have to have a chauffeur to drive you home.

Cheers

Dave.

Right

Now I have just organised a company to have a look at one to see what we can do

So watch this space ;)

Sarah

Nice one Sarah, good luck and thanx for all your efforts! :thumbup:

Just asked my mate who used to be top mechanic for a Seat dealer, to use his contacts to see what's the best price he can get it for too. I'll get back to you guys next week with his findings. :thumbup:

The parts will be going today to have a look at , will let you all know as soon as I hear something

Sarah

Other option is to deal with a French or Spanish SEAT dealer. Assuming they're still very much cheaper than in the UK.

It's not a heavy item and some/most (?) tuners tend to stock them...

J.

Bad news guys, my mechanic mate came back with the same price quoted earlier on this thread but he wasn't sure the guy he spoke to knew which part we were after, oh well, back to the drawing board!:thumbdwn:

I'm off down to Bolton this weekend so if any of you know a parts retailer down there that's worth a try let me know and i'll have a look in, cheers! :thumbup:

bugger me sideways, just seen this thread! someone down london town will get a bargain cos i traded in the skoda with a cupra splitter and a pd160 pipe on! :finger: d'oh!!!!

so if you buy a black vrs with a jockanese plate on it in north london then your quids in

Other option is to deal with a French or Spanish SEAT dealer. Assuming they're still very much cheaper than in the UK.

It's not a heavy item and some/most (?) tuners tend to stock them...

J.

What about ordering from Eire? No language problems and it's nearer than Spain!

Worth investigating the Ireland angle. But going on the Forge 'prototype' I saw at Awesome yesterday, that could be a very interesting item, with the potential to be a better option anyway.

So hopefully it will end up with Seat shooting themselves in the foot, well and truly! :finger:

S

I don't understand your comment :confused:

How could Seat possibly stop Forge, or anyone else for that matter, from designing, manufacturing and selling an item?

Steve

Apologies was badly worded :)

What I meant to say was I'd rather see and support Awesome Sarah / Forge prototype due to the recent price hike by Seat.

However has anyone approached them with a view to groupbuy the PD160?

Oh I see, no worries :)

Still don't think that's viable. As I see it, Seat have clearly put this up because of increased interest in this part and its easy installation into other vehicles very similar to the Ibiza Cupra PD160. They'll be able to see very easily from dealer orders that all of these can't be for existing owners! And can't see any other reason - manufacturing cost increase, problem with supply of materials etc - it's a plastic bit of pipework at the end of day.

So my view would be if Seat are going to behave in this way, why should we, as car enthusiasts give them any more money? It's not even a small increase (which has happened already on this part), they've nearly doubled the price.

Steve