Anyone bought their VRS then regretted it?

Dont think you can say it was the best value for money and best kitted ont he 2nd hand market can you...

Err.... yes I can :confused:

As I said, for my money (including insurance, tax and fuel) it was the best for me, the insurance quotes for a Cupra (ditto Golf) were almost double what I'm paying for the vRS plus the running costs were far higher. I could've got a Golf but it would've been an older, higher mileage vehicle and also boringly common.

I did my research, compared all the cars and I bought the car that was best for me, therefore I can categorically say that I did indeed buy the car that was best value for me. Otherwise why would I have parted with my money and bought it?

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Err.... yes I can :confused:

As I said, for my money (including insurance, tax and fuel) it was the best for me, the insurance quotes for a Cupra (ditto Golf) were almost double what I'm paying for the vRS plus the running costs were far higher. I could've got a Golf but it would've been an older, higher mileage vehicle and also boringly common.

I did my research, compared all the cars and I bought the car that was best for me, therefore I can categorically say that I did indeed buy the car that was best value for me. Otherwise why would I have parted with my money and bought it?

Really? Have a look at my quotes and the % change would be the same for anyone else just a different base

vRS =

I can tell you that last weekend I went to see a new Mk 5 Golf GT 140 (well it had 10 odd k on the Clock the Mrs saw it too and sat in it, then we went to see an 04 plate Mk5 GT 140 which I knew had 98,000 miles 1 owner FVWSH. we put a sticker on the odometer and I asked her to trell me what she thought the milage was - about 25-30k which is roughyl what Id have thought the only thing stating otherwise was the milage.

Steering wheel like new pedale like new seats etc nothing showing wear at all.

Your

Welshy, you're a complete idiot. A car with the best part of 100k on it is a better buy than an almost new one because the seats are clean??? What about the wear and tear of almost 100k on the engine, gearbox and suspension? What about the fact that he didn't actually want a golf? What about the fact that only people like you base every decision on the bottom line rather than what you actually want?

You're a troll, plain and simple, and if that doesn't give me the right to have a dig at you, stranger or otherwise, then I don't know what does.

Surely there's a BMW or Fiat forum somewhere where you can go and spout your nonsense all day long.

And for someone who claims to work in finance, your frequently touted sums don't add up very well either...

Happy new year ************. :D

Yeah, I've even heard of a couple of instances of the handbrakes "failing" on the new Civic, causing them to randomly roll into walls when parked up. Admittedly it's probably a tiny percentage, but just goes to show that even buying Japanese isn't the safe bet it was once regarded to be...

Rob.

My Vrs did this..

Hot brakes in car park, cooled down and car crept into the pile of firewood.

No damage, but now the landlord rips it out of me & my Skoda at every given moment.

No regrets with this purchase (the most expensive thing i've ever bought outright).

Ok, here's my tuppence...

I bought my car new in late 2005 and at the time there was nothing at that price level that could match the vRS for spec and performance. I bought after doing as much research as I could. At the time, the premium to buy the equivalent VW - a Polo GT Tdi was over

I bought a brand new 06 fabia vrs, my only regret is I said SWMBO could have it as I allready had a MK1 Octavia vrs. Needless to say she modified it by reversing into a Caravan then driving forwards into a tractor while at the Riding Stables :doh:

She still insists that it was my fault as she was pregnant and making her a bit more scatty than usual.

Had an octavia mk 1 vrs then got a fabia vrs leather 190bhp etc, needed more space so have bought a lovely red new civic type r which is a great car but for the money I dont think its as well put together and with spirited driving the mpg is terrifying by todays petrol prices! Needless to say I will be replacing the Honda this year with a lovely mk2 octavia vrs diesel if I can get one cheap enough!!

Cars what a waste of money but so much fun to have!!!

never in a million years the car is without a doubt the best i hve ever had superior build quality no real issues apart from general wear and tyre that you would get with any car very happy love her to bits just wish i had more money to make her a speed demon even though she has 170bhp at the moment lol

had mine just over a year now and only added a couple of bits like pd160 intake and lcr splitter and i couldnt ask for more from it - cheap tax, insurance and great fuel economy, still loving the performance as standard too. i know theres mixed opinions about the seats but i love them and think the inside looks just as good as the outside. im lucky in that i have a really good local dealer too (simpsons, colne) who, on the few occasions its been in for bits and bobs of warranty work, have been great to deal with. the only thing that really bugged me about it initially was the stutter but thanks to this forum and the people on it its completely sorted! without a doubt, best car ive owned by miles. essay over. :thumbup: