VRS Cam Belt

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What does that actually include, and where's the quote from? Does it include a service, for example?

Cambelt change including cambelt, tensioner and roller =

Yes, it does. I'd shop around some more, or haggle :)

At least to include the water pump change. There should be no more labour time involved really. Think the pump is around

:thumbup:Changed my Cambelt/pullys/water pump (cheaper pump has metal impeller ) at the w/e (OCY 1.9 TDi ) at 63000 and 8 yrs and it cost about

:confused: Hi Lummox, No I haven't checked it with vag com as I don't have one, if the timing hasn't moved even one nats surely the timing will be the same as before ? what would vag com show ? cheers - Stuart.

People often seem to say do the water pump at the same time - is it really necessary? - neither dealer has suggested it.

It kind of makes sense as you are now expecting this part to last until the next belt change. VAG dealers tend to sell exchange pumps so they are cheaper sometimes than aftermarket, if you are keen to only fit one with a metal impeller, should you chose to get it changed at the same time as the belt, buy it from the dealer before handing it in and open the box before paying for it - just to make sure its a metal impeller that's on it - the one I bought for a 1.4 16V Polo certainly had a metal impeller.

;) The cheaper own brand GSF water pump has a metal impeller ! the one I took off looked fine and it was a plastic one.

;) The cheaper own brand GSF water pump has a metal impeller ! the one I took off looked fine and it was a plastic one.

Out of interest, how much cheaper was the aftermarket one compared with the exchange VAG one - remember exchange means that you get an allowance back on the old pump?