Snapped cam cover bolts....

Jason here, on the garage's account. Spent around 10 minutes so far on it. Four bolts came out with nothing more than some encouragement with the end of a flat screwdriver. One is proving a little tougher and is getting the drill treatment. :)

Good progress being made. :cool:

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep - all out now. Only one needed the drill, then a flat headed screwdriver tapped in in reverse to ease it out. Well happy now. :) Can spend the rest of the day sunbathing - Actually, I'm going to help out around the garage for the rest of the day - But probably avoiding jobs with torque wrenches. ;):rofl:

Silver cam cover is on, along with chromed fuel rail. Looking sweet as anything. :) Now it's making the alternator and head look a bit ugly. :o But that will take HOURS to get them looking any good....

No, but "right tighty, lefty loosey" now reverberates around my head. I will not forget again any time soon. :o

I remember being stood in the garden , myself a civil engineer and my brother in law a mechanical engineer preperaing to drill and retap the strimmer so we could get it back together (after half an hour trying), when we suddenly realised it was a left hand thread :doh: