Imminent driving ban

6 of one and half a dozen of the other.....

On the one hand' date=' you have my sympathy, they could have stopped you earlier and if scared, adrenaline would have been running high... But you did not have to put your foot down when you think someone is following you, just be aware of surroundings \ don't stop close to car in front, and make a few random turnings in public areas.

however....

12:30am... So you were doing 93 through a 30 zone in the middle of the night. Anyone walking at that hour would more than likely be drunk getting back from the pub, so if they decided to cross do you think you would spot them in time?

I'm sure you will be treated fairly given the circumstances.[/quote']

I was paying attention to the road, there were no pedestrians about. I didnt do 90mph intentionally, I didnt even realise I was doing that speed until the police pointed it out.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was paying attention to the road, there were no pedestrians about. I didnt do 90mph intentionally[/b'], I didnt even realise I was doing that speed until the police pointed it out.

so you were not paying attention... face it you were racing a type R having a laugh... until the blues and 2's appeared... we have all done it.

I didnt even realise I was doing that speed until the police pointed it out.

Indeed - comes under the heading of "Driving without due care and attention". Don't use that one.

I was not racing anyone.

My girlfriend works in a bar in town, finishes at 2.30am, im on my way to my friends at 12.30am, half a mile from my friends house before the police gave chase. Why should I drive at brake neck speeds to travel half a mile while when I get there Im going to be sitting around for 2 hours anyway?

I don't condone police using tactics like this as they are enticing you to race, but that's the point. If you race off you have probably got something to hide, like no insurance or the car is nicked.

Take Maverick

Oh and next time just imagine your in a Blue 4x4 estate and stick to 30mph
Eh? :grumpy: I think 230 bhp will push a blue 4X4 Estate along a BIT faster than that, even with the handbrake on...

Well that comment could have referred to three scenarios Denis;

1. The car is slow and 30mph is pushing it hard :moped:

2. The driver is a sensible and law abiding citizen and never speeds in a build up area or

3. The driver doesn't want the fuel consumption to go below 50mpg on the trip computer :revs:

:rubchin: number 3 perhaps? :D

DT

If the police have video and presumably the audio from your conversation in the unmarked car, I'd definitely be looking for legal advice.

The last time I was pulled over was for a registration check (plate change that the DVLC hadn't put through corectly) and the Police were visibly disappointed that my car wasn't stolen.

Still, all was not lost, they did point out that one digit on my plate was 1.2cms wrongly place, which was nice.

Well so far I havent recieved or heard anything.

I have reason to believe that the police were just trying to scare. They could have fined or given me a court summons or to be charged with dangerous driving on the spot themselves.

• 2 weeks later...

I do feel for you DT. However, if someone drives up my **** I'm more inclined to jam on the breaks than drive faster - as if you drive faster you are giving them what they want (not that many people have seen the back of my car since I got the fab vrs)! However, they would probably have done you for dangerous driving if you did that anyway. Just to get this off my chest - if coppers made speed limits realistic, people may be more inclined to stick to them. 70 on an empty motorway for example, is nothing short of an unfunny joke.

Well so far I havent recieved or heard anything.

I have reason to believe that the police were just trying to scare. They could have fined or given me a court summons or to be charged with dangerous driving on the spot themselves.

Still not heard anything???

DT

If the police have video and presumably the audio from your conversation in the unmarked car' date=' I'd definitely be looking for legal advice.

The last time I was pulled over was for a registration check (plate change that the DVLC hadn't put through corectly) and the Police were visibly disappointed that my car wasn't stolen.

Still, all was not lost, they did point out that one digit on my plate was 1.2cms wrongly place, which was nice.[/quote']

having been pulled over myself for speeding and most likely looking at points, I don;t remember them saying anything about my conversation being recorded, surely they would have to overwise it would not be allow in court?

As for the proceeding thingy........I was told that it would be upto the CPS to charge me with speeding, now how long will I have to wait until I know?Just out of interest?

217 in a 70 ?

Yeah we've all been there when emotional.

Good luck with the case m8, I love all police officers but do find an uneven approach to some situations. I drive past our local police station every day and I make sure that I am courteous . They pull me over once a month to ensure I know who is boss.

93 in a 30 is a death sentence I think, who are you leaving the car to ?

93 in a 30 is a death sentence I think, who are you leaving the car to ?
:nono: day tripper has eaten enough humble pie since the incident not to need 'helpful' comments like that! Meanwhile we are all waiting with great interest to see what happens next given the obvious questions which arise, eg why didn't the police stop his car much earlier rather than let the incident become more serious. :(

:nono: day tripper has eaten enough humble pie since the incident not to need 'helpful' comments like that! Meanwhile we are all waiting with great interest to see what happens next given the obvious questions which arise, eg why didn't the police stop his car much earlier rather than let the incident become more serious. :(

tbh i think 93 in a 30 is so far out of order then he is very very lucky if no further action is taken.....

Yes. Punishment is deserved and he has been expecting it from the outset. But it will be very interesting to see what offence or offences the police will be able to make stick in all the circumstances.

PS My :nono: referrred to the term 'death sentence'.

didnt seem to slow DT down coming home from brunters... heard 2 reports... one of "playing" with a Honda " another of passing another vRS that was already travelling at 95mph....

seems some are slow learners....:rofl:

bet he didnt beat my 2hrs 9mins from brunters to kirkham ?:thumbup:

but then i wasnt in a 30 zone.....

PS my "nono" referrred to the term 'death sentence'.

ok... so theoretically I can say I hope he gets locked up, with a 6ft by 3ft cellmate that answers to the name "mandy"?

Theoretically, you understand.

;)

I am sorry but to be quite honest, unless the men in the other car had been shooting out their window at you, there was no excuse for doing over 3 times the speed limit. At the very minimum you should get a 5 year driving ban.