Going for a test drive tonight of a VRS

Hi there

I'm going for a test drive of a Fabia VRS tonight, we were down at the garage last night and spotted a lemon yellow 05 plate vrs, 28500 miles on the clock, only problem I could see was a slight scuff on front bumper and tear in the seats a wee fag burn and the tyres are a bit low on tread at the front.

On the test drive is there anything I should look out for and what else should I look at when I look over it.

Many thanks

David

on an 05 plate car i'd be wanting those issues fixed before even considering buying it. i don't think you really have anything else to look out for as anything major will be covered under manufacturers warranty anyway.

Cheers mate, the car is for sale for £8995, but I'm going try and get a couple of new front tyres, the scuff I can live with I think but not keen on the fag burns and the slight tear, see if I can get these fixed.

Apart from that the car looks good, a downsize from a focus I own I know but I think I will have more fun driving this and the girlfriend is really keen on the colour and wanted a diesel anyway.

When I asked on the focus owners club forum, they told me to go for the VRS, it's my girlfriends brother asking me and her when we would get a real quick car that has got me into this vrs malark I actually did not like the yellow at first but it grows on you.

There's plenty of perfect examples with lower mileage available. By all means test drive it, but let your head tell you not to buy the first one that grabs you. A few minutes on AT and PH and you'll realise you don't have to 'live with' a tatty car. My 11k 06 55plate which I px'd for £9k sold for under £10k recently, and it was perfect in every way.

I'd be very interested in the outcome too,

I've just got rid of my Company 56' Focus Estate & have been thinking of a vRS for quite a while, but just never had a chance to test drive one yet.

Cheers

MarkT.

Lets know how the test drive goes mate I have a Focus and thinking of getting Fabia VRS or a Golf GT TDI

Seen a GT TDI PD SE 150, Silver, £8995 for sale in Tranent 52/03 plate (there or there about) might be worth a look!

alright been for the test drive, sorry twenty mile testdrive and well we have bought it, the dealer is going to give me a new drivers seat to replace the ciggie burn one! and he chucked in six months tax, the smile is still on my face and what can I say about my girlfriend her smile is stuck on!

alright been for the test drive, sorry twenty mile testdrive and well we have bought it, the dealer is going to give me a new drivers seat to replace the ciggie burn one! and he chucked in six months tax, the smile is still on my face and what can I say about my girlfriend her smile is stuck on!

get some pics up when you get the opportunity :cool:

Thays why I thin the salesman took us on a long test drive, worst of it was I got all the pants town driving while she flew along country roads. I took a couple of pics last night but will get a few proper ones up on the forum next week.

David

Nice one mate, i took one out for a test drive, i wanted to cheer myself up because i was out of money, trouble is i wanted one so much afterwards i had to buy one!

I did, and two years later, i can honestly say it's the best car I've ever owned.

Seen a GT TDI PD SE 150, Silver, £8995 for sale in Tranent 52/03 plate (there or there about) might be worth a look!

Yes seen that mate but I thought it was £9495 will have a look today as I work up that way thanks anyway

Yes seen that mate but I thought it was £9495 will have a look today as I work up that way thanks anyway

you're right, my bad, just caught a peek at it in passing. got a better look at it today.

Chathams have a few vRS on the forecourt though!

get a vRS.

A boy at my work is looking to sell his in the near future.

Black '05 with Dealer fit steinbaur P.Box,

Ok guys picked the car up last nigh, not had much of a play with it apart from going to work and a bit of town driving but what a cracking car, only problem I had was a dodgy abs sensor where the garage changed the tyre on the car and the abs light was still on, nothing a bit of enthusatic driving by the salesman could cure!!

Another problem which I started in the general chat section was getting stopped by the police, as they done a pnc check on the car and found it had no owner and thought I had stolen it.

Apart from that cracking car, money well spent I think, going to give it a wee run the night.

David