Skoda MFD3 Trinax - My thoughts **Warning Lots of Pictures**

Some of you have already noted that I have managed to get my hands on one of these little babies so I thought it only fair to give you all the low down.

Firstly, the price - Lets just say it was 4 figures and bought in a moment of madness!! :eek:

Some specs -

6.5" 16:9 TFT Touchscreen

DVD Movie Playback with Dolby DTS sound

30GB Internal HD storage

SD/MMC Slot (4gb Max)

2D/3D Mapping

DVD & MP3 Disk supported

MP3 and WMA files

I love the unit, the sound it kicks out is better than the Bose 321GS system I have in the living room. You could try and tell me all day long that the Skoda OEM speakers are naff and I'm sorry I'd just have to laugh at you.

The touch screen is easy to use and the menus are sensible and easy to navigate.

Here are a few pics of the unit for you -

17134d1191694717-trinax1.jpg

17135d1191694717-trinax2.jpg

17136d1191694717-trinax3.jpg

17137d1191694717-trinax4.jpg

17138d1191694717-trinax5.jpg

17134.attach

17135.attach

17136.attach

17137.attach

17138.attach

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok .... PM me .... where from ..... how much ..... I have the breaking strain of a kit-kat in the desert. :) :) :D :D

For sale - soon - MFD2 and 06/07 and 08 disk :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: + VAG Phatnoise MP3 system

I think it will debut in the new Superb Paul.

Like you say it's nice to see Skoda keeping up with the Jones's. VW offer it in the Touran and Tiguan I think.

As and when the Skoda ones become available I will be opting for one of those without a doubt. There is a VW one on ebay right now for £1150, that's still cheaper than the factory fit MFD2. Don't fancy the red/blue colours and the VW splash would pee me off over time.

Talking of fitting, I presume the MFD3 is the same affair as the MFD2 as in connect the quadlock, a little bit of VAG-COM coding and job done??

Another thought - Does it do the climatronic and PDC graphics like the Stream/Audience units?