Skoda MFD3 Trinax - My thoughts **Warning Lots of Pictures**

Yep it all blends into insignificance when you can see who's calling, dial your phone numbers and search your contacts via the touch screen :P;)

Flash git! :D

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Was able to have a look at one of these today, Thanks Stu :thumbup:

What can i say it was amazing, the sound through the speakers whilst playing a DVD was better than the cinema.

All I can say is " Your a lucky man " Stu.

Safe journey home and objective complete I assume Mike.

Sorry I had to leave but I thought it much more amusing to sit at home and wait for a TV repair man to turn up :rolleyes:

Safe journey home and objective complete I assume Mike.

:thumbup: All is better now.

Sorry I had to leave but I thought it much more amusing to sit at home and wait for a TV repair man to turn up :rolleyes:

Should have sat in your car and watched a DVD ;)

A question, I just installed the latest (Skoda) VAG Bluetooth module im my Golf V GTI. This is the module 1Z0 035 729.

I'm now considering getting the RNS510 to replace my MFD2. The RNS510 has the phone menu. Is any recoding required or does the RNS510 'see' the Bluetooth module if it already working.

I already VAG-COM' ed my car according to the instructions on Stu's website, so the module is working perfectly with the maxidot/highline display. :thumbup:

What settings do you refer to? Do these have to be adapted through VAG-COM or through 'set-up' or so menu's in the RNS510 itself?

Thanks in advance. And for your great write-up for the Bluetooth install, made it all very easy!

What settings do you refer to? Do these have to be adapted through VAG-COM or through 'set-up' or so menu's in the RNS510 itself?

Thanks in advance. And for your great write-up for the Bluetooth install, made it all very easy!

There are some things available through VAG-COM

VW Radio Navigation System (RNS510) - Ross-Tech Wiki

Looking at the coding on the RNS510, am I assuming wrong that Parking Aid Monitoring is possible? Also, what's the story with voice activation, surely you cant get it to navigate by your own voice?

If so, then I really will be looking to upgrade.

BTW, has anyone noticed that if you have the MFD2, and bluetooth kits installed, you can change the language on both from the maxi-dot?

I've just been having a great laugh with mine as the voice control off the MF Steering wheel (Cheers again Stu) also switches to foreign languages. It's a great way to brush up on your spoken language skills.

Guest Fabia 12v

We've been seeing these for a little while at VW.,.. and what can i say... it is a truely cracking unit, sound its absolutly awsome its undescribeable!!

Looking at the coding on the RNS510, am I assuming wrong that Parking Aid Monitoring is possible? Also, what's the story with voice activation, surely you cant get it to navigate by your own voice?

I think the reverse option is connected in with the reversing camera option, I don't see the parking diagram on mine.

Are there any news about the Columbus with the Skoda Bluetooth module(1Z0...)?

Do they work together like the RNS510 do with the Skoda Bluetooth module (1Z0...)???

Yes the 1Z phone unit works very well with the RNS510.

I also think that the Columbus is the RNS510, but the official answer from Skoda is that the phone unit will not work with the columbus at the moment. It should work with a new generation of the Skoda phone unit only, which will be released in late spring 2008.

If the Columbus works in your octavia with the 1Z phone unit, then I will be happy, because I ordered the columbus with my RS.