The old hesitation after remap problem

It made one hell of a difference to my car.

I actually took a friend of mine out tonight, he owns a scooby. It was the first time he'd got in my car and he was well impressed. I am struggling for grip in 2nd and even 3rd gear, even with traction on as the boost kicks in rapidly.:thumbup:

There is a lot of good stuff on ECS Tuning site that I may also be ordering later on.

Hope people find this useful

Rgds

Bowders1

I read that too Ethos

I have also read on the seat forum that people that have tried the J version thought it was good to start with but it later fell back to hesitating again.

There has got to be an underlying problem somewhere.

My map which is matched to the same numbers of the ecu has been used several times before by my mapper with no problems.

So why does it happen with my car?

I suppose it could be possible that the "race" n75 would act quicker to changes in the boost,but surely this is just masking the problem.

The boost curve should be nice and gentle to start with so the n75 would n't need to be opening and closing at such high rates.

Imo

I can't be sure if the Race N75 is a N75J, but currently it has fixed my issue competely. Another story if the issue comes back. I specifically purchased the race N75 as it stated it was for remapped cars.

my hesitation is starting to get worse i swear and im now periodically getting my engine manegment light flashing while its hesitation and a few times ive lost boost altogether, really not happy now! Has anyone else had these symptoms also??

You need to do a vag-com check to see whats logged.My guess is a 17705 pressure drop after turbo due to split pipe/bad clip.Probally getting worse over time.

Just my guess though:D

Mart

I am just down the road from you if you need anything checking out with your remap to see if its a fault in the software

Cheers buddy,much appreciated.Iam waiting for an uprated Turbo inlet pipe to be delivered at moment.This will replace the leaking one thats on at the mo. Hopefully this will be the answer to my prayers;)

Contact your chipper. I had the same problem and they had another tinker and it was sorted. I used Impossible in Kent.

They probally just reduced the maximum boost pressure.This would make the problem less noticable but not as quick.In my case this is not an option at the mo especially as others run the same map with no problems at all.

Tip fitted today car feels slightly faster but not anything like remap faster.

Hesitation is reduced but you can still tell its there its just not as violent as before.There now feels as though the is one little surge then settles down. Before it used to give a few strong surges nearly all the way through the power range.

I will still look for an answer to this problem but this has helped me so surely iam on the correct lines.....maybe

• 2 weeks later...

Ok,im abit bored tonight so i thought i would ask if anyone has had any luck with there hesitation/surge problems lately?

I myself have emailed ecs about their race n75 valve which is a n75h but modified, according to other forums.

Their email is as follows:

The valve does seem to clear up the surging issues that so many have. Every car is different so it's a bit of a gamble if it will read the valve properly. While I can't guarantee it will work, I would recommend trying it.

I think this maybe the next avenue for me when i can afford it. The valve is $82.79 plus shipping so we will see.

Changing the valves between my old and new n75fs does make a bit of difference. The old one is a lot smoother but not as pokey the new one is pokey but spikes more.

Anybody anything to add?

Would be an interesting avenue mike i wounder what sort of price were talking about. Although i have just got a remap which seems to me to be chucking money down the drain with the ecu.

ECU RRP from Emerald is £680 and comes with base maps - has a VAG Turbo base map. need a fly loom making up and then a case of plugging in the det cans, knock sensor and afr gauge and adjusting and datalogging.

once Im happy after doing mine, i'll then look at doing others for a cheap price.