Add an illumination in internal door handle from L&K to vRS

TallioN

Hello

Today I added an illumination in internal door handle from L&K to my vRS

Demophoto L&K (it is what I wanted)

OCLK60004.jpg

Parts for this (left and right lamps, around 6 pouns each)

515cf2b35c976fb03f98811d12270908.jpg

Removing door handles and bring them at home

cf59da2c5ddc9ff2a6962de123ccc168.jpg

Back of a handle. Inside red cyrcle you may see mount for illumination and rectangular for removig

dd50370c15a753fb723232edfbf3c529.jpg

Drilling holes and finishing them to rectangular

5915e33a521ebe74905ee2a7e5b4d887.jpg

Illumination

e40c52c00ad410e843a6867cc25ba697.jpg

Done. Connection is easy - on the driver side to mirrors adjuster, on the passanger - to window lifter switch. Black wire to brown and blue to gray/blue. Also I add a green light filter

0637da4df62854508ff8becd5ca09877.jpg

Thanks to our collegues from octavia-forum.de for the idea and information

• Like 2

KN or the 3U number? just asking as if you go into these places armed with the price and part number they become alot more helpful to if you turn up asking if they know the part number (also cannot be conned by the dodgy ones either) ;)

He says in the text they are about 6 pounds each. I assume the number on the bags are the part numbers.

Exactly

Part numbers are: 3U0919173 and 3U0919174. If you want to use a sockets on this parts (I damage them and connect wires directly), you will need also two male parts of a sockets 4B0972623 (~1.5 pound each) and two wires 000979009 (~1 pound each).

If you want to use a sockets on this parts (I damage them and connect wires directly), you will need also two male parts of a sockets 4B0972623 (~1.5 pound each) and two wires 000979009 (~1 pound each).

they look great - i've been wanting to do this too! If you choose to use the sockets, do they just connect to existing window lift/mirror adjust connectors (i.e. provide a split for the light supply)? I ask because I'd rather not cut wires while the car is still under warranty! :o

If you choose to use the sockets, do they just connect to existing window lift/mirror adjust connectors (i.e. provide a split for the light supply)?

No, sockets only making easyly disassembling door in the future. In any case you will need to connect new wires to existing - and it depends on you how you will do it.

My vRS is on warranty too (I bought it only 6 month ago)

another question, how easy is it to getout and back in as it has a door handle on that section.. any screws to undo or is it all clips?

Look to pics below. I took them from german forum.

Firstly you need to carefull remove a nets from tweeters by flat screwdriver (first pic), then remove torx screw (second pic, red cyrcle) and remove door handles (by pulling a clips - third pic, one of them in red cyrcle). Last step is disconnect line to door lock - it is not difficult

e394a7bb273cc3f5d97370a14ed8c3e8.jpg

Did you apply these to the back doors as well or did you only connect up the front doors? It would be nice do do this on all 4 doors.

No, I add it only fo front doors, but our guys from Russian Skoda Club looked to back door hadles and find that there are holders for illumination too. So you may add it to a rear doors also.