B P Rolls Andover ....don't go there

Octygone

Long story but my Superb got clobbered by a truck that drove off about 5 weeks ago, Insurance company said no problem BP Rolls crash repairs will come out and collect, fix and deliver it back to you......all went well but when it returned the rear bumper was a different colour and I had overspray over the entire car including the windows....also the lower front grills and bumper had been heavily oversprayed ...YELLOW!!!! so we contacted the insurance and they got BP Rolls to come and collect it again to fix all the faults they put on it....they took it away on Wednesday the 21st and phoned today to say it was ready and as they were having difficulty finding someone to bring it out I agreed to take back the courtesy car and pick it up .....got there .....yes sir the car is ready, we have checked it and it is all OK .......went out to the car got my torch out, as it was dark and yes the bumper appears to be the same colour ...so I run my hand over the windows and the body work ....it's still covered in overspray:mad:....but I couldn't believe the next part .......the front lower grills and bumper are still covered in yellow paint :mad::mad::mad::mad: so I blew, told them what I thought of their company and told them to send me the three new grills and I would do it myself, they want to send someone out with a bottle of thinners to try and wipe it off but I am not letting them anywhere near it again.

so if your insurance says we'll take it to BP Rolls don't let let them

17657d1194797759-gold1.jpg

17658d1194797759-gold2.jpg

I'd take it back call the insurance company and say they are incompetent, sort it now and somewhere that can fix it this time.

I will be getting in touch with them later ....but I would rather do it myself now........compensation would be nice though

I've had similar experience too:

Ibiza Bodging for Begginners

Having just had the Fabia rear-ended, I'm off out to get estimates from Skoda approved bodyshops I've used before. This is hard work compared the the insurance co's recommended repairer, but I'm not willing to take the risk.

I aprt-exed the Ibiza 2 weeks later....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Well I better start with an apology, Im the Managing Director of the BP Rolls Group of Companies and naturally I'm very embarrassed to read the comments, and see the pictures that have been posted.

Overspray is always a clear and present danger, but words fail me as to how this could have escaped the operative’s sense of pride, or more importantly the quality controller’s eyes!

My sincerest apologies for what is not acceptable and I assure you is the exception rather than the rule.

Our group handles approaching 1000 repairs per month, and inevitably, occasionally the odd process does not get valeted/polished as it should be, my sincere apologies. We run with a 97% KPI approval rating as compiled by our Insurance partners, although of course 1 complaint is too many.

As the case seems to of been concluded, although not to your satisfaction, as I've only read your post today, whilst googling my own company, I suppose all I can do is offer my sincerest apologies and ask you to contact me directly if there is anything more I can say.

David Rolls

Group Managing Director

BP Rolls Group Ltd

BP Rolls

Edited by david rolls

Well I better start with an apology, Im the Managing Director of the BP Rolls Group of Companies and naturally I'm very embarressed to read the comments, and see the pictures that have been posted.

Overspray is always a clear and present danger, but words fail me as to how this could of escaped the operatives sense of pride, or more importantly the quality controllers eyes!

My sincerest apologies for what is not acceptable and I assure you is the exception rather than the rule.

Our group handles approaching 1000 repairs per month, and inevitably, occasionally the odd process does not get valeted/polished as it should be, my sincere apologies. We run with a 97% KPI approval rating as compiled by our Insurance partners, although of course 1 complaint is too many.

As the case seems to of been concluded, although not to your satisfaction, as I've only read your post today, whilst googling my own company, I suppose all I can do is offer my sincerest apologies and ask you to contact me directly if there is anything more I can say.

David Rolls

Group Managing Director

BP Rolls Group Ltd

BP Rolls

Think you should ask the receptionist what happened to the Manager when I arrived ....I have never seen anyone go upstairs to the office so quickly in all my life ....leaving her to take the flak from me.

Basically I got a sense of we don't give a damn about what happens to your car while it's in our care, so I can only hope things will improve.

After trying to get the car back to how it was before, (as many on here will tell you it was immaculate and highly polished before it went in) I eventually gave up and sold it (there were other factors as well) and have now started to get the new car polished and waxed to a high standard..........it's getting there ....just need some more time and a bit of dry weather.

All I ask is that you turn your company around and provide a first class service with unrivalled care for what are your customers treasured possesions, if you can do that

and return their cars in pristine condition, I am sure your business will benifit as a result.

I accept your appology and hope some good comes of this, after all everyone needs good service and this will not change in the future.

Rob

Rob,

Everything you ask for should of course come as standard, and is what we set out to achieve on each and every occasion.

As you can imagine if every claim was handled as badly as yours was we wouldn't of been in business since 1966!

However, I take the comment on the chin and have already discussed your claim with the Manager of the branch involved.

Occasionally mistakes happen, like in any other industry, I

disappointed was more that we didnt deal with things properly went brought to our attention.

As its all so long ago now, Ill leave things there, but thank you for the time to write the reply

Edited by david rolls

• 6 years later...

Sorry to dig this thread up from the distant past but it popped up whilst having a search about the repairer our Ibiza had been taken to.

I was seriously worried when I read some of the comments on here but I'm glad to say they seem to have upped their game since 2007. The whole process was stress free and I can't fault the quality of work :-)

Just wanted to add some balance incase anyone else is searching for a review of them

• 5 months later...

This made for interesting reading. I first used BP Rolls about 5 years ago after slipping in the snow in my Golf. When I collected the car, the bumper was the wrong colour, I took it back & they took it straight in & re-sprayed & it was fine. I now have a different car, a Mini, and someone reversed into me in a car park. So I took a risk & went back to BP Rolls. I figured it was five years later & that my first experience was probably a one off!

Nope. I was very wrong.

Clearly they do not colour match as my bumper again is much darker than the rest of the car. I emailed a complaint & also mentioned that my car had been seen parked out on the road for 4 days before I was able to collect it, so of course it was covered in dust. I felt like my car hadn't been cared for in the slightest & when the phone call came I was spoken to like I was a stupid little woman who knows nothing. I don't know what rank this person was but someone came to look at the car & arranged for it to go back in after trying to tell me that the colour is correct & that it just needs a polish!! Surely this would have been part of the repair ????? To make the repair look it's best????

When they brought the car back to me this afternoon I wanted to cry, the first comment from the delivery driver was about how I'd had the manager in his suit polishing my car - to which my comment was "well he didn't do a very good job because the boot is covered in water marks!!"

They have tried to do some sort of "back to black" on my trims but have not rubbed it in properly, it looks a mess & is blotchy, the same for the tyres, they have tried to tyre shine but again, it's blotchy & the bumper -as I told them in the first place - is still the wrong colour!! I'm heartbroken, I love my car but I feel like they've ruined it & they really couldn't give a damn. I used to work in the motor trade & Iv never seen anything like the state my car has been left in. I have emailed again this evening & am now waiting for further excuses.

If you value your possessions then I think the message remains the same - DO NOT USE BP ROLLS!!!