Whiteline Rear ARB fitted

novaneil

Just to throw some more oil on the fire in the debate about which is better out of the Jabba and Whiteline bar...

Here is the Whiteline bar after 15k and 6 months....

Image165.jpg

Image164.jpg

Image167.jpg

And no I don't live near a beach....

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ADDRESS:

Whiteline Automotive UK

Merlin House

5 Cross Way

Hillend Industrial Park

Fife. Scotland

KY11 9JE

PHONE:

01383 820820

int+44 1383 820820 (international)

FAX:

01383 820 111

EMAIL:

[email protected]

ORDERING METHODS:

We are the UK Main Distributor of Whiteline products to Trade only.

To purchase please use our dealers page to locate your nearest stockist.

HOURS:

Normal opening hours:

Monday to Friday - 9.00am to 5.30p

I'm gonna go out and check the gumpf see what it says about warranty..

did you get yours from awesome GTI?

Oh dear :(

I take it you'll be filing a complaint against them?

Is there a warranty with these?

I spray mine with WD40 every once ina while

Why?

It's crap but it still works. I am not bothered by a little surface rust but someone else might be. I have to go through the hassle of taking it off and sending it off. I just won't buy another from them. It's their loss...

As long as its only surface rust then...

BTW I looked at the packaging and whiteline ARB comes with 12 month or 20,000km warranty.

I just went out to check mine which has been on the car for about 4k and 4 months, and it looks ok, a bit dirty but ok.

I am tending towards the idea that they sent you out a duffer decron... but I'm gonna coat some parts of the bar in grease just to be safe...

As long as its only surface rust then...

BTW I looked at the packaging and whiteline ARB comes with 12 month or 20,000km warranty.

I just went out to check mine which has been on the car for about 4k and 4 months, and it looks ok, a bit dirty but ok.

I am tending towards the idea that they sent you out a duffer decron... but I'm gonna coat some parts of the bar in grease just to be safe...

Decron's not the only one to notice surface rust on the Whiteline bar. I dunno if they're sub-contracting their work or WTF. Maybe they laugh at "little VWs" whilst they play with V8 Falcons, Holdens, 'Zilllas and 'Rex's.

PS: I have the Jabbasport one. Which doesn't appear to rust. :)

J.

Edited by vindaloo
s/Whiteline/Jabbasport/ d'oh!

Well, I have an update on the rust situation...

I got a PM earlier this week from Whiteline (Or reps of Whiteline in this country) who had seen my posts and were concerned. They basically said they had some issues with powder coating and in short they wanted to give me a new bar FOC.

I sent them my details and it turned up thursday. They don't even want the old one back!

That is quite simply some of the best customer service I have ever received, in fact I don't think I have ever received proactive service like it before. I won't hesitate to consider Whiteline products in the future if they have backup like that.

I am well impressed.

I got a PM earlier this week from Whiteline (Or reps of Whiteline in this country) who had seen my posts and were concerned. They basically said they had some issues with powder coating and in short they wanted to give me a new bar FOC.

I sent them my details and it turned up thursday. They don't even want the old one back!

That is quite simply some of the best customer service I have ever received, in fact I don't think I have ever received proactive service like it before. I won't hesitate to consider Whiteline products in the future if they have backup like that.

I am well impressed.

thats good news,proper customer support:thumbup:

I am well impressed.

Good god...that is impressive. :eek:

They must have had a dodgy batch made by the work experience boy.

They did explain the issue was with the type of powdercoating.

Either way I am pretty stoked

Gotta admit the build on mine was pretty good - saw the pics of yours and it was all mangled. Mine was spot on in comparison - straight and with good flanges.

I am well impressed.

:thumbup: Excellent! Very impressive.

• 1 year later...

I thought it best to add onto this thread instead of starting a new one, so.............

This is a picture of my "U" bolt and clamp.

3820898942_c4e8a51f0f.jpg

As you can see, no way is this going to fit, there's 25mm difference between the 2. :thumbdwn: I must have the wrong clamp because the "U" bolts fits snuggly over the ream beam.

Edited by vRS G60

• 2 weeks later...

With regards to the rust, i also had one that rusted after 2 months pretty badly, after taking it off the car after 16 months it was pretty bad, i did recieve a new one from awsome gti though FOC and never returned the damaged one...... i'm gonna get that shot blasted and powder coated then make another kit up and see where we go from there to sell it ;)

• 1 month later...
I think for my car Roomster 1.2.

I remained very unstable.

Can you advice? No products listed for the Roomster. Golf4 or Octavia A4 compatible?

Thanx.

The pictures have gone but the bar is "Golf mk4 or Octy VRS".

http://briskoda.net/roomster/whiteline-rear-arb-fitting-1-9-scout/96521/

Are all Roomster rear beams the same?

I think for my car Roomster 1.2.

I remained very unstable.

Can you advice? No products listed for the Roomster. Golf4 or Octavia A4 compatible?

Thanx.

See Roomster forum for fitting guide

Basically it's Mk4 Golf or Mk1 Octy....oh just seen the threads been posted. The piccy's have gone becasue the hosting went fubar. If you want me to fix the links then PM me

Never bothered changing mine between the settings, just stuck it straight to the tightest setting. Worked fantastically on the car, such a major upgrade imho.

I now have my spare one in the garage, gonna strip it down and get it powder coated and then sell on once i get some more clips made up. I'm tempted to even modify it further and make it into a super stiff setting ;) see how that pans out :D