Results of my pd160 intake part pricing investigation

VAGweb

Had a phone call from SEAT UK

They say the RRP for the part is £49, they are going to investigate why dealers are charging so much, what i need off people asap is a name of any dealer that has quoted them £70+ for the part and the location of the dealer

ta

Yeah just had the return call if any dealer is charging £75 or any more than £49 SEAT UK have said you can say to them that £49.40 is the RRP and that is what you should be charged

if the dealer refuses or says thats not correct you can ask them to call SEAT UK on 0500 222 222, the case reference number is 115 151.

This is for part number 6LL 129 618

I'll make this a sticky for a while.

For info you require 2 parts of the intake from SEAT. Prices shown are those that were in force when people first started to buy them from SEAT.

6LL 129 621 Trumpet (£14.91)

6LL 129 618 Pipe (£24.11)

Please keep comments constructive with feedback and not just a whinge about the price.

Thanks for passing it on Steve.

Steve,

Thanks for post.

If the original price for the 1 part (6LL 129 618) was £24.11 and its now £49, then assuming the 2nd part (6LL 129 621) has doubled also from £14.91 to £29 then £75 (Mossman) for both parts from a dealer would be about right.

That doesn't stop the charges being ridiculous though.

Matt

• 2 weeks later...
Had a phone call from SEAT UK

They say the RRP for the part is £49, they are going to investigate why dealers are charging so much, what i need off people asap is a name of any dealer that has quoted them £70+ for the part and the location of the dealer

ta

As has been mentioned above....... The mod comes in two parts one of which the dealer quoted me as being £50 the other £25..... I think Seat may have misunderstood what you have asked them and only told you the price of one of the two parts and not both. You mention in your post they say the RRP for the PART not parts..... There are two parts don't forget.:thumbup:

I have been quoted these prices by, Autoworld Seat Sheffield, Jabba, VAGparts & Rainworth Skoda.

Might be worth double checking the info and confirming with Seat that they are quoting you the price for both 6LL 129 618 & 6LL 129 621 and not just one of them before going any further with this one.

***EDIT***

I've just re-read your later post and you've answered nothing in this thread really..... You have confirmed that Seat say the RRP is £50 for the PD160 pipe.... Nothing about the Trumpet which is a seperate part of the mod, but still reqd, so lifting the price to £75..... So everybody is indeed charging the correct amount of £75 for the whole set. :confused::confused::confused: It might be me but what has this thread actually pointed out other than £75 is the correct price for both parts together???? :confused::confused::confused:

Cheers

Dave.

As has been mentioned above....... The mod comes in two parts one of which the dealer quoted me as being £50 the other £25..... I think Seat may have misunderstood what you have asked them and only told you the price of one of the two parts and not both. You mention in your post they say the RRP for the PART not parts..... There are two parts don't forget.:thumbup:

I have been quoted these prices by, Autoworld Seat Sheffield, Jabba, VAGparts & Rainworth Skoda.

Might be worth double checking the info and confirming with Seat that they are quoting you the price for both 6LL 129 618 & 6LL 129 621 and not just one of them before going any further with this one.

***EDIT***

I've just re-read your later post and you've answered nothing in this thread really..... You have confirmed that Seat say the RRP is £50 for the PD160 pipe.... Nothing about the Trumpet which is a seperate part of the mod, but still reqd, so lifting the price to £75..... So everybody is indeed charging the correct amount of £75 for the whole set. :confused::confused::confused: It might be me but what has this thread actually pointed out other than £75 is the correct price for both parts together???? :confused::confused::confused:

Cheers

Dave.

I was thinking along these lines too. I'm a little confused now!

Would make sense - I posted a while back saying that this high price exists in Europe as well as the UK. See http://www.briskoda.net/forums/fabia/pd160-intake-we-re-not-only-country-being-ripped-off/95112/

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

bought a PD160 intake from Arnold Clark here in Linwood, Scotland today.

6LL129621 = £13.90 + VAT

6LL129618 = £21.17 + VAT

Given 10% discount off both = £36.23 (inc. VAT)

Perhaps SEAT have had a rethink?

I think it's a safe bet that the original poster got mixed up with how many parts actually make up the PD160 intake and was only quoting the price for one of the parts and not both. I've tried PMing them to confirm / clear that up but i've heard nothing back from them....... It seems a little strange they haven't added any further info since it was pointed out that there are two parts not one reqd. :rolleyes:

Does this really still need to be a sticky as it may just cause more confusion???

Cheers

Dave.