Jasc1988 Fabia VRS

jasc1988

Car

2004 04 Skoda Fabia VRS in Black Magic

Engine

Remapped 1.9tdi by Star performance, PD160 intake, green panel filter, Allard EGR bypass, CCV mod, VibraTechinks Uprated Dogbone mount, BMC to come

Transmission

Standard 6 speed gearbox with uprated Helix clutch and Helix SMF.

Suspension

Vmaxx Coilovers with shortened drop down 50/60mm?, Cupra bushes,

Brakes

Fronts are 312's from Audi TT 225 with grooved discs, rears are standard Fabia VRS with grooved discs also

Wheels & Tyres

Ace wheels refurbed in silver, Uniroyal Rainsport 2 tires on front and Goodyear Eagle F1's on rear, all 205/40/17

Styling

Leon Cupra R front splitter, Newer spec rear light clusters fitted, rubstrips off, CZ plates and holders, Black grille, 6k HID lights, S2000 aerial

Interior

VRS steering wheel badge

ICE & Security

Silvercrest DVD HU

Performance

173.5bhp, 45 MPG average

Latest Pics

25343.attach

25344.attach

25345.attach

25346.attach

25347.attach

Edited by jasc1988
Updated as of 7/4/08

I do like that a lot mate, there are some nice touches on there for sure :thumbup: I do like those wheels for sure, and the silver bits inside.

Just out of interest mate, how much did the Helix clutch and SMFlywheel cost before fitting, and where did you get them from. :confused:

Regards,

Dave

I do like that a lot mate, there are some nice touches on there for sure :thumbup: I do like those wheels for sure, and the silver bits inside.

Just out of interest mate, how much did the Helix clutch and SMFlywheel cost before fitting, and where did you get them from. :confused:

Regards,

Dave

Helix clutch and fly delivered was £830 i believe, i ordered it from Mardi Gras motorsport they have a website i believe. Was the cheapest i could find, cheaper than Jabbasport, derv docotor and Awesome performance, awesome wanted something stupid like £940:thumbdwn:

Looking good there....

Have always liked the Octy wheels on the Fabia vRS's. I've got the new vRS badge on the grille and like how the red & green are now reflective rather than just painted as per the original badge.

Only things i would say are i think i'd trim the ends off the splitter as per the guide so they fit snug to the bumper and little mudflap rather than leaving them and having them droop down at the end.... And personally i'm not a fan of the silver dash trim..... If it was one section rather than the various bits that the fabia has around the radio, (obviously due to the option of fitting the drinks holder to both sides depending on whether the car is LHD or RHD), Then i think it would be ok but the silver just accentuates how broken up that part of the dash is to me.

But anyway..... Great looking car. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Cheers

Dave.

Looking good there....

Have always liked the Octy wheels on the Fabia vRS's. I've got the new vRS badge on the grille and like how the red & green are now reflective rather than just painted as per the original badge.

Only things i would say are i think i'd trim the ends off the splitter as per the guide so they fit snug to the bumper and little mudflap rather than leaving them and having them droop down at the end.... And personally i'm not a fan of the silver dash trim..... If it was one section rather than the various bits that the fabia has around the radio, (obviously due to the option of fitting the drinks holder to both sides depending on whether the car is LHD or RHD), Then i think it would be ok but the silver just accentuates how broken up that part of the dash is to me.

But anyway..... Great looking car. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Cheers

Dave.

i see what your saying about the splitter but i wanted to keep the original flaps on to keep it OEM if i wanted to revert back to sell it.

The dash trim looks better in real life i would say as my friend also has a VRS and his interior is nowhere near as nice as mine, its all personal taste though:thumbup:

i see what your saying about the splitter but i wanted to keep the original flaps on to keep it OEM if i wanted to revert back to sell it.

The dash trim looks better in real life i would say as my friend also has a VRS and his interior is nowhere near as nice as mine, its all personal taste though:thumbup:

You don't cut the little mudflaps you take a little off each end of the splitter so that it sits flush to the bumper and up against the little mudflaps..... I've got mine sat in the shed waiting for a nice day and some patience from me to cut it to shape and fit it. :D

I know what you mean about taste.... It wasn't a dig or anything..... I know there are things on my own car that others won't like themselves but as long as we're happy with our own that's all that matters. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Cheers

Dave.

i did trim the splitter flush didnt i??

DOH!!!!! I just lightened up your piccy of the splitter in photoshop and saw that it sits flush to the bumper now the picture is a bit lighter i remembered the bumper starts to slope down as it gets to the wheelarch hence it looked like the splitter was sitting foul of the little mudflap.

Sorry for the confusion....... I think i need to go to bed and start again. :confused::confused::confused::D:D:D

Cheers

Dave.

Thanks for letting me know about the Clutch and SMFlywheel prices. :thumbup: But can I just ask, the VRS is fitted with a Dual Mass Flywheel and so why didn't you utilise a clutch that would work with this??? I presume they are much more expensive?? Also, with the SMFlywheel, do you get any vibration or noise from it at all because I think I remember reading into this a bit recently and this was my understanding of the single mass unit? I could well be wrong though??

Thanks for your time bud,

Cheers, Dave :)

Thanks for letting me know about the Clutch and SMFlywheel prices. :thumbup: But can I just ask, the VRS is fitted with a Dual Mass Flywheel and so why didn't you utilise a clutch that would work with this??? I presume they are much more expensive?? Also, with the SMFlywheel, do you get any vibration or noise from it at all because I think I remember reading into this a bit recently and this was my understanding of the single mass unit? I could well be wrong though??

Thanks for your time bud,

Cheers, Dave :)

i didnt want to utilise the standard DMF fly as from my cars symptoms i was told that the standard fly would probaly need replacing. Also i felt in my mind the uprated clutches that utilise the standard DMF wouldnt be upto the job, i wanted a clutch and fly that i could just fit and forget. So i went down the SMF route.

My logic was if i got a clutch that could utilise the DMF and it turned out the fly was knackered i would have to purchase a new OEM DMF, which would add upto the price of a complete Helix clutch and SMF anyway and wouldn't be as highly rated.

Yes you are right the SMF does rattle on idle but for the performance gains it doesnt really bother me. The clutch does bite very well and i feel that when changing gears the car feels quicker and picks up power faster, i always felt with the standard clutch and fly there was a slight hessitation when changing gears :thumbup:

all my opinions though so nobody shoot me down please;)

Right I see I see, thanks for taking the time to answer that mate. It sounds like the most sensible option then really, especially if the car is a relatively high milage example and has never had a clutch change for example - like mine lol!

Also, one more quick question tho if I may...

Is the single mass flywheel lighter as well, I think I read somewhere that is somewhere in the region of 10-15kg's lighter??? Which will surely help it to rev a lot easier??? If so, have you noticed his effect? :confused:

Thanks,

Dave :thumbup:

I dont know about weight wise, the flywheel i got from Helix is there newly revised one where they actually added weight over there previous design one to help reduce the chatter at idle, so maybe on par with OEM. I have noticed the car as a whole feels more responsive and the engine sounds a little more gruntier, gear changes are vastly improved, i run the pd160 intake and green cotton filter also

• 4 weeks later...
looking good mate. Next job if it was mine would be colour coding the grille.

You took the words right outta my mouth...... I was just gonna suggest the same thing. :thumbup::thumbup: Just finishes off the front of the car and i think it makes it look a little more sporty and also a little more menacing.

Cheers

Dave.

• 1 month later...
looking good mate. Next job if it was mine would be colour coding the grille.

100% agree. Best appearance mod of all, I reckon:cool:

See mine in members' cars.