FII future & RS version

How do we know its a test car, not just a couple of locals out for a jolly in the wifes car?

mike

Because George posted that in post #67

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
That looks utterly pants. It looks like a sofa on castors on those wheels.

And if it's a genuine factory mule, why has it got a sunroof? I would have thought that would be a touch extravagant in a car they could roll at any moment.

The exhaust pipes on that picture from the rear look like the sort of size you get on the TDi's, (compare it with the ones on the Polo Gti petrol), they look like the slightly downward facing ones like on Audi's etc

• 2 weeks later...

This just looks like a shrunken octavia fl vrs front photoshopped on to a fabia body. I'd be very surprised if this is accurate. Skoda have already said that they want the vrs to look like a cross between the rally car and the emo concept and we have seen the wheels already. This isn't facelifted either as the lights are current, so I'll wait and see once official images are released early in the new year

This just looks like a shrunken octavia fl vrs front photoshopped on to a fabia body. I'd be very surprised if this is accurate. Skoda have already said that they want the vrs to look like a cross between the rally car and the emo concept and we have seen the wheels already. This isn't facelifted either as the lights are current, so I'll wait and see once official images are released early in the new year

Yes, we'll have to wait and see but it I like the look of the photoshop.

It might not be far off the mark - ok the wheels won't be the same as they are from the Octavia, but the styling cues at the front might be accurate if they carry the theme from the Octavia RS facelift ( I hope so). The headlights on that photoshop are slightly different to the pre-facelift but look like they're the same shape.

I think there's more chance of it looking like this than anything like the S2000 rally car!

I hope it looks more adventurous than this though otherwise the seat ibiza cupra will mop up sales, especially if they go in at the same price as suggested. I showed my wife the picture (she has a fabia estate) and she said "its a fabia" which said it all to me (she loved the emo concept though and could tell the difference). Skoda say they want to make sure you can tell the VRS apart from the rest of the range. A new bumper and wheels just won't cut it these days.

I hope it looks more adventurous than this though otherwise the seat ibiza cupra will mop up sales, especially if they go in at the same price as suggested. I showed my wife the picture (she has a fabia estate) and she said "its a fabia" which said it all to me (she loved the emo concept though and could tell the difference). Skoda say they want to make sure you can tell the VRS apart from the rest of the range. A new bumper and wheels just won't cut it these days.

On the contrary, I much prefer the green photoshop to the emo concept!

On the contrary, I much prefer the green photoshop to the emo concept!

I agree that the emo concept isn't everyone's cup of tea, but I guess that the point was that at least you wouldn't mistake it for any other fabia, which is important if you spend £16000 on a car! There's Q cars and there's completely anonymous and the hope is its the former rather than the latter :-)

• 1 month later...

Autocar magazine have said the vRS will be out July 2010, 3 years after launch, hmm, just like the first fabia vRS - so no suprise there. The wait will be over, the speculation will be over and everyone can get on with it.

It wont be diesel, 1.4 TSi, it wont be manual, DSG only and it will have @170-180bhp. So it will be just another boring VAG warm ish hatch, in the same vein as Seat's and VWs offerings.

Good call Skoda,

Not.

Edited by Skoda-Msport

Autocar magazine have said the vRS will be out July 2010, 3 years after launch, hmm, just like the first fabia vRS - so no suprise there. The wait will be over, the speculation will be over and everyone can get on with it.

It wont be diesel, 1.4 TSi, it wont be manual, DSG only and it will have @170-180bhp. So it will be just another boring VAG warm ish hatch, in the same vein as Seat's and VWs offerings.

Good call Skoda,

Not.

Likely to be circa 150bhp, like the Ibiza FR, since it'll have to undercut this as well as the Cupra and the Polo to get sales.

I'm liking the new direction :)

The Mk1 Fabia vRS didn't sell that well. It sold well in the UK, but not in any number everywhere else in the world. They need to build a car that sells. And this will!

Good call Skoda,

Not.

I wouldn't call 170-180BHP in a supermini boring or merely 'warm'

There is talk of a 140BHP 2.0 diesel now too, but I guess that won't be for the vRS but maybe sit just below like Seat do with their Cupra and FRs.

Babs, I'm pretty sure it's going to have 170. I believe the Ibiza has 178? So it will indeed be just below that, but not much :)

I wouldn't call 170-180BHP in a supermini boring or merely 'warm'

There is talk of a 140BHP 2.0 diesel now too, but I guess that won't be for the vRS but maybe sit just below like Seat do with their Cupra and FRs.

Babs, I'm pretty sure it's going to have 170. I believe the Ibiza has 178? So it will indeed be just below that, but not much :)

The Seat Cupra brand has always been a step above the GTI, vRS and Seat's own FR brand. The Golf and Octavia are 200bhp, as is the FR, but the Cupra is 240bhp.

Ibiza FR is 150bhp, the Cupra 178bhp. The Polo GTI is likely to be the same 150bhp, and so is the Fabia. It's how the rest of the range fits together.