Rattle!! (Passenger side speaker)

Hitty86

ive had my vRs a few months now and i cant take the rattle anymore its really doing my head in!!. When i turn the stereo up the passenger side door starts rattling, just wondered if anyone else has this problem and if theres an easy fix??

Thx,

Mark

thx, ill try that might save buying speakers atm as cash is low but still could do with some better speakers. I have upgraded to a dvd headunit with a 5.1 amp in boot, plenty of bass from sub but speakers just let it down

cheers,

Mark

• 3 weeks later...

I have this problem too :thumbdwn:

Same thing, passenger side speaker starts rattling when playing music loud, or with some base.

I thought the actual speaker had gone, but its just vibrating against something.

Was gonna get it fixed under warranty but thought id just wait until i have put my new headunit in, and also while i have got the door cards dismantled i would change the speakers at the same time.

Although after reading some posts im thinking that it might be quite a big/long job :confused:

Yep another one here...... Only on one of our cars though as the older car seems ok. I was gonna have a look myself but after reading stories of how much of a pain in the backside it can be removing the door card i've decided to put up with it for another month till it goes in for service and get the dealer to look at it under warranty.

Cheers

Dave.

I've had another listen to mine today and can't decide whether the vibration actually comes from the area near the speaker or not....... It seems to come from further along towards the opposite end of the door on mine.

Cheers

Dave.

Yeah mine seems to rattle towards the rear of the passenger side door. If I push or pull on the door pocket a little it stops, but as soon as I let go it rattles again!

I had this and it was tyhe interior door trim I just packed the door trim out at the base of the door with some double sided 3m trim tape over the clips and screw holes. Worked a treat.

• 1 month later...
just to let you know I had the speaker changed under warrenty and it rectified this!

They did look at the whole door rattling but never fixed this though.

How'd you manage to swing that? I wouldn't have had the balls to try to get a speaker changed under warranty, good to know they did it though :thumbup:

How'd you manage to swing that? I wouldn't have had the balls to try to get a speaker changed under warranty, good to know they did it though :thumbup:

I had been in twice already with the same issue (plus loads of other issues) and I suggested changing the speaker. The thing is it was obvious to me it was the speaker. I don't think the people at the dealere I go like me as I have issues that they don't seem to be able to resolve. To be honest I think I'm going mad with the things I go in for. Oh well.

Plus they have changed the seat base twice on the drivers seat. Now I have the new shaped handle on the back and forwards lever! it don't squeek now.:thumbup:

and for some reason they changed the glove box lid...for no reason at all! not fixed the rattle I have and now the glovebox rattles again as it needs rubber pads that I had fixed on the old lid:rolleyes: