passed my IAM test - yipee

On thursday :D - probably the only day in this winter when we had some snow - how typical, I had some nice icy/snowy untreated road going from Barnsley towards Huddersfield as well, all in all very entertaining.

I enjoyed it very much (the whole course I mean), definitely learned something new and recommend IAM course to anyone. Three months for £85 - I call it a very good bargain.

Petr

cheers all, next....maybe RoSPA one day. Right now I am more inclined to do one of those car handling courses/experiences.

I think having rear ARB may give a little too much sense of security or shall I say carelesness in approaching some bends.

Will have a search on forum if there is something in Yorkshire.

Great news Petr! I joined the Kent RoSPA group just before Christmas, so really looking forward to getting on with it this year. :) Hopefully I too will be making a post like this sometime.

I signed up to the RoSPA course in April 2006 at the spritely age of 28 and sat the exam in August of the same year. Looking back, I wish I'd done it back when I was 21 when I'd sent off for all the info originally!

Chris

On thursday :D - probably the only day in this winter when we had some snow - how typical, I had some nice icy/snowy untreated road going from Barnsley towards Huddersfield as well, all in all very entertaining.

I enjoyed it very much (the whole course I mean), definitely learned something new and recommend IAM course to anyone. Three months for £85 - I call it a very good bargain.

Petr

Congrats - any idea on how much you will save when renewing your insurance ?

cheers all, next....maybe RoSPA one day. Right now I am more inclined to do one of those car handling courses/experiences.

I think having rear ARB may give a little too much sense of security or shall I say carelesness in approaching some bends.

Will have a search on forum if there is something in Yorkshire.

Highly recommend Lincolnshire Police skid pan training. They do it by the hour and their instructor is very good. Costs about £80 for an hour, but you can split that between 2 or three of you ie 20 mins each.

Contact number is 01522 558207. Booked Cheryl in for a session and she loved it even though she wasn't keen on doing it at first. You get a nice shiny Lincs police certificate too. Some insurer will give you a 10% discount for having done it as well :)

I passed mine when I was 19... I was definitely the youngest person at any of the local group meets that I went along too. Nobody questioned why I was doing it though... seems a bit counter-productive "You're a bit young to want to become a better driver aren't you?" lol.

Oh, and well done by the way! Did you opt to do a commentary?

cheers guys, I did choose to do some commentary but not all the time (like in Roadtrack dvd) in situations I felt it was good to mention so that examiner knows I am aware of things/people/situation etc

I am 44 BTW, getting younger year by year :o)

cheers guys, I did choose to do some commentary but not all the time (like in Roadtrack dvd) in situations I felt it was good to mention so that examiner knows I am aware of things/people/situation etc

Interestingly when I did my RoSPA I offered to do a full commentary for the test, but I think the chap must get quite bored hearing them as after about 5 minutes he told me that was fine and that I didn't have to continue if I didn't want to! So instead we just chatted with me pointing out occasional things on the drive :rofl:

Chris

Interestingly when I did my RoSPA I offered to do a full commentary for the test, but I think the chap must get quite bored hearing them as after about 5 minutes he told me that was fine and that I didn't have to continue if I didn't want to! So instead we just chatted with me pointing out occasional things on the drive :rofl:

Chris

Agreed. I only did partial commentary. The examiner's route directions were given in a very firm and quite loud voice, and every time he interrupted me I was put off, and it took me a little while to get started again. After about the halfway point I hardly gave any further commentary, but at the end of the test I got good marks for it :)