My cars better than your car thread

Captain Sisko

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is a Jaffa Cake classed as a biscuit, or is it a cake?

From Wikipedia

Cake or biscuit?

Under UK law, no VAT is charged on biscuits and cakes — they are "zero rated". Chocolate covered biscuits, however, are classed as luxury items and are subject to VAT at 17.5%. McVitie's classed its Jaffa Cakes as cakes, but in 1991, this was challenged by Her Majesty's Customs and Excise in court.[4] This may have been because Jaffa Cakes are about the same size and shape as some types of biscuit. The question which had to be answered was what criteria should be used to class something as a cake or biscuit. McVitie's defended the classification of Jaffa Cakes as a cake by producing a giant Jaffa Cake to illustrate that their Jaffa Cakes were simply mini cakes.

They also argued that the distinction between cakes and biscuits is simply that biscuits go soft when stale, whereas cakes go hard. It was demonstrated that Jaffa Cakes become hard when stale and McVitie's won the case.[5]

The issue was revisited in an article entitled 'Are Jaffa Cakes really biscuits?' published in the Journal of Unlikely Science (Volume 1, issue 7, 2005).[6] The article attempted to classify biscuits via a scientific analysis of various features (size, shape, filling etc.) and determined that the Jaffa Cake should be regarded as a biscuit, or 'pseudobiscuit'.

Chris

My cars mid engined and everybody knows that mid engined is best, therefore my car is best, and its blue.

but your car has an engine in it which is notorious for the poor headgasket design , so therefore my engine is better than yours :P

But Rob - you get that award by default as you shipped yours out there. :P

Mine's silver, mine was built from scratch (pretty much), mine's the mongrel. so in my eyes, mine's best. :thumbup:

(but I'd rather have the R8 TDI :o)

But Rob - you get that award by default as you shipped yours out there. :P

Mine's silver, mine was built from scratch (pretty much), mine's the mongrel. so in my eyes, mine's best. :thumbup:

(but I'd rather have the R8 TDI :o)

There are over a thousand Skodas here you know!

And mine's still bestest!

Though yours is pretty cool, not to mention unique!

And, I make the best chocolate cake in the land. :cool:

I think my Gran might have something to say about that - she was a patisserie baker for 30 years...

However, I do offer my services as independent assessor of both your claims.

Please send a fresh chocolate cake via UPS to me:)

My car is better than all your cars - so great in fact that to save every other motorist from instant embarassment, my car is currently locked in a secure police compound.

:P

My car is better than all of your cars full stop. And that fact is not open to debate, so just accept it.

Now, let's all just move on, shall we?

Except mine, which stops, goes, opens & shuts, so it's better than yours, :P

but might not be better than his, & hers isn't bad either & oooh look over there at that one. :eek:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

....but my computer is waaayyy better than all yours!! And my montior is probably bigger too :P

No you see it cant be because mine is! And i have two monitors!

But i have no cake...:thumbdwn:

But my car is the best!!!