Boeing 777 undercarriage failure.......

Auric Goldfinger

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My house took a whack a few years ago 7k worth of electrical damage...."ohh me nerves were jangling then"

I hope you had your tablet :lol:

I hate flying too

I have a couple of beers , try a window seat , feel ill , sweaty palms the lot

But am OK when up in the air

Then it all comes again when you have to land

The worst flight was to Ireland in the smallest plane ever from Sheffield airport the smallest runway ever

Hung over after a JD night :eek:

:finger: dont ever do that

Oh and the woman at the side of me getting the sick bag out did not help

We are doing the train next time :thumbup:

Sarah

I used to sit there listening to all the noise's of the plane thinking "that didn't sound right" funny thing is I don't know what sounds right or wrong on a plane

And to clear up, it was the house that was struck by lightning and not a plane

I used to sit there listening to all the noise's of the plane thinking "that didn't sound right" funny thing is I don't know what sounds right or wrong on a plane

And to clear up, it was the house that was struck by lightning and not a plane

:rofl: Thats exactly what I think, I don't know how the engine should sound but the changes in the noise really scare me! Don't even mention turbulence :eek:

I sat petrified for the 4 and half hour flight back from Cyprus, we were nearly getting to Manchester and I thought I calmed down enough to go to the loo, as soon as I got in and locked the door, the bloody plane started rocking about through some turbulence! aaahhhhh!

I think I need some of those tablets next time :D

Allegedly, the pilot got out after hammering his 777 into the field and since BA have a policy, which requires the first officer to stand at the door while the passengers exited, he give a smile, and a "Thanks for flying BA " He said that in light of his bad landing, he had a hard time looking the passengers in the eye, thinking that someone would have a smart comment, but no one seemed annoyed.

Finally everyone had gotten off down the chutes apart from one little old lady walking with a stick. She approached and asked,"Son, mind if I ask you a question?"

"Why no Madam, what is it?"

"Did we land or were we f****ing shot down?"

I'll fetch me'coat

The joke now standing at post 34, is the delayed "first ever internet joke", from 1973. ;)

Which makes the fact that that is the first time I've heard it even more sad.

Cracking joke though.

Coming back from Spain last year the plane was about to touch down (only feet from runway).......then aborted landing and went around again. I requested a window seat and when I came down there was a dude sitting in it, all his mates were there so made some smart comments about me wanting to sit in the seat, anyway there wasn't too much outta him when the landing was aborted...head between legs etc :rofl::rofl::rofl:, I sat there pi$$ing myself laughing at him.

They do that all the time at Wellington airport because of the crosswinds and air pockets and stuff!

They get two attempts at landing - one each way - then get sent back to where they came from!!

Check this out:

:eek:

Window seat, and just far enough behind the wing that I can see what the flap system is up too!

I mis-read that as "I can see THAT the flap system is up too" and thought NOOOOO that is completely wrong for take off and landing :rolleyes:

They do that all the time at Wellington airport because of the crosswinds and air pockets and stuff!

They get two attempts at landing - one each way - then get sent back to where they came from!!

Check this out:

:eek: some well dodgy landings there!

Zooty - not at all worried about having just booked 20K miles on Trent-engined 777-200 :rubchin:

I found the Captains revelation quite moving really. Having seen how near the plane was to disaster and hearing of the first class emergency landing that was done with a ‘gliding’ plane, I watched the quiet modesty of the Co-Pilot with great interest. He never smiled, or looked for the adulation he deserves, he just stood quietly by with a ‘that’s what I do for a living’ kind of a look. The man is a Hero in my book, great skill and judgment. Made me proud to be British actually:)

I found the Captains revelation quite moving really. Having seen how near the plane was to disaster and hearing of the first class emergency landing that was done with a ‘gliding’ plane, I watched the quiet modesty of the Co-Pilot with great interest. He never smiled, or looked for the adulation he deserves, he just stood quietly by with a ‘that’s what I do for a living’ kind of a look. The man is a Hero in my book, great skill and judgment. Made me proud to be British actually:)

:iagree:

And the poor cabin crew chief looked completely traumatised :(

Check this out:

This is the scariest one I have seen

This is the scariest one I have seen

I did a flighing lesson before, the fecker had me looking out the side window at the runway. I kept thinking he's doing this to scare me and WILL straighten up. Well he did :)...at the last second.

sat petrified for the 4 and half hour flight back from Cyprus, we were nearly getting to Manchester and I thought I calmed down enough to go to the loo, as soon as I got in and locked the door, the bloody plane started rocking about through some turbulence! aaahhhhh!

I fly quite often, and was on a flight to Italy with my sister who was working (she's an air hostess) as we flew over the mountains we encountered quite simply the worst turbulence I've ever experienced (and I've been through some!).

I was talking to my sister at the time, she was standing in the aisle and she just suddenly dissapeared! she shot up to the ceiling, bashed her head, then hit the floor so hard she broke her ankle, myself and the guy in the seat on the other side of the aisle had to physically hold her down for the next few minutes untill things settled.

It was like something out of a film, there was stuff flying everywhere, all the oxygen masks fell down (through the force of the bumping not because they had been deployed), amazingly everyone remained perfectly calm and no one panicked.

Several of the other hosteses were injured, and a some passengers by flying debris, we were all offered counseling after we made an emergency landing, and the pilot came to speak to us, he said that the plane had been "at it's structural limit" and "any worse and the wings would have literaly fallen off".

Needless to say, the return flight was a rather nerve racking one!