New VRS

Lovely. A bit more speculation to add to the pot.

My local dealer told me they had no idea when it's due to arrive, and I'm inclined to believe them as there is far too much guessing going on around the fabled mk2 vrs.

Yeah, I've sort of turned off as no one can actually say when it's going to appear.

[dream]Maybe one day in the future a New VRS thread will have pictures, specs, dates......[/dream]

What is running with the 1.8tfsi in the VAG group then? Is it the Polo GTI?

A3 is running the 1.8tfsi as of last month iirc, Mk2 Octy any day now and it's bound to go into a warm golf or Jetta.

My dealer told me that there will be no more Fabia VRS for now. There were plans for a S2000 Fabia with a normally aspirated petrol engine. No more diesel powah. :confused:

Don't trust them mate ;)

Read in this weeks Autocar magazine that the new Fabia vRS might be coming in 2009.

Also mentioned that with the new Superb, they might bring out a vRS version of that too, 3.6 V6... same engine as the Passat R36 i think. Due in spring time. looks smart

Malky

• 1 year later...

Nothing official has come from skoda at all - various pictures and comments as to the engine spec etc have been spouted, but nothing set in stone.

Personally, i cant wait for the new fab vrs.

The best pictures ive seen were at the geneva motor show, where it looks like a jazzed up sport!!!

Believe it when / if it happens. Personally I think it will be a tough job to make the Fabia 2 vRS a more attractive proposition than the original in a number of ways. Having driven a Fabia 2 courtesy car for a couple of weeks the comfort levels are pretty low for one thing. The original is achieving cult status now because of the delay in producing the mythical new model. Don't think I'll be changing very quickly.